Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Suggestion for GUU

Quote Originally Posted by sammy View Post
    Two things I think this forum needs.

1) A separate section for just thoughts, opinions, or whatever.

2) The ability to edit one's own posting. At times members post in the heat of whatever and regret or want to change the things stated. I see the moderators have this ability and use it frequently on their own posts. The old forum had this capability, and being able to do this would stop a lot of junk from being followed up on.

The owners should listen to the ones who make this forum valuable. An OT section is the number one suggestion that has been made over and over.

We don't have this drama on the autograph forum.
    I realize this is not a democracy, but I bet that if we took a vote, the overwhelming majority would be in favor of being able to edit posts.
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

OK guys... you put up 2 suggestions, so I will do my best to address them.

1. Ability to edit posts
    To be honest, I do not know the complete pros and cons with this one. I do know that there was a reason why we were never allowed this before. So what I can do is take this one to the Admins and find out the reasons why this was never allowed, and if there truly is a risk behind post editing, I will stand by their original decision not to allow it. If there is no risk, I will ask that we discuss it within the committee and provide a group response.

2. Banned list
    My feelings are that there is no place for such a list here. It seems that it would promote negativity and become the "train wreck" that everyone goes to on order to find out who got banned, why, etc. I don't generally like the gossip. I think we should be a bit more mature.
    BUT I am only 1 in a group of 7 (5 moderators and 2 admins). I have no problem discussing this in a committee. So, if you want democracy, you got it. I can only promise you that the idea (or any idea for that matter) gets consideration & is discussed fairly.
    Looking for ...
    Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
    Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
    Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

Points taken.

1) OT or General Discussion section
    2) Ability to edit posts

and

3) Ban List

We will take these into consideration.
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Quote Originally Posted by sportscentury View Post
    I realize this is not a democracy, but I bet that if we took a vote, the overwhelming majority would be in favor of being able to edit posts.
    I am involved in other Blog/Forum's where the Admin will make certain edits for you. I think some level of editing is good and helpful.

I think most agree an OT section would be great as it would clean up the Game Used Discussion area and get it back to what it was meant to be.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Banned

"I do know that there was a reason why we were never allowed this before."

Maybe this was before your time, but when the original GUF was started by Eric, the ability to edit one's own post was available to all members and used by many.

It was halted and not incorporated in the new GUU when the original forum was sold. Many members from the old forum complained to the new owners, but like many suggestions, this too fell on deaf ears.

Quote Originally Posted by sammy View Post
    "I do know that there was a reason why we were never allowed this before."

Maybe this was before your time, but when the original GUF was started by Eric, the ability to edit one's own post was available to all members and used by many.

It was halted and not incorporated in the new GUU when the original forum was sold. Many members from the old forum complained to the new owners, but like many suggestions, this too fell on deaf ears.
    Are you sure, I was there from the beginning with Eric and don't recall anyone but Eric who did edits at first. Maybe Eric can let us in on some history.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

I'm surprised by the opposition to this suggestion. I see only positives and no negatives from having a banned list published and updated. This site has become downright dangerous with all of the fraud. It is one of the main reasons why some folks hesitate to post here. Publishing/posting a banned list is not unique to political fora, I assure you. Other sports collectibles websites do this, as well. HobbyKings, which is, by far, the most popular and successful basketball card website/forum has done this since day one, and it has really helped members to be informed, feel secure, and protect themselves. I can't help but wonder why certain members would be so dead-set against this idea. Hmmm...
    I couldn't agree more. On this forum, I have had the experience of people creating second and third accounts to bait and attack me. While these members may get banned, without knowing who they are and their connection to past members, I simply don't feel safe. This site is becoming more adversarial by the day; why not put our minds at ease with transparency about banned members?
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

How about a ban list in a locked thread or a section of the site where only admins and mod can post?
    I collect Jay Bruce and Cincinnati Reds Minor League stuff

My email address: hakes89@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by chakes89 View Post
    How about a ban list in a locked thread or a section of the site where only admins and mod can post?
    Right. This is how it has worked successfully on the other collecting fora I referenced. Certainly not a good idea to make this an open thread. Again, I don't see a reason to not have it. Regardless of the ultimate decision, though, to see the strong negative reactions to this idea from some junior/newer members did raise my eyebrows a bit.
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Right. This is how it has worked successfully on the other collecting fora I referenced. Certainly not a good idea to make this an open thread. Again, I don't see a reason to not have it. Regardless of the ultimate decision, though, to see the strong negative reactions to this idea from some junior/newer members did raise my eyebrows a bit.
    Sportscentury....The last part of your post makes absolutely no sense whatsoever...It's a matter of personal opinion whether or not I think it's a good idea. If someone is already banned, who cares what the reason is. They did something against forum rules and that's it. There no longer going to be a part of the forum so what good comes out of it talking about them. Just because this is my opinion and I'm a newer member makes me a crook if your eyes? Sorry but I don't see the correlation. I've had a number of flawless transactions with senior members on here. Maybe you should think before you make negative accusations that you have no right making.