Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Suggestion for GUU

A list of all banned members along with their REAL NAMES would be very beneficial to the collecting world.

Especially if a person was banned for selling fake items or was caught faking autographs or doctoring game used equipment.

People don't leave the hobby if they are banned from GUU, they just look for other places to try and sell their crap
    I collect Jay Bruce and Cincinnati Reds Minor League stuff

My email address: hakes89@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by chakes89 View Post
    A list of all banned members along with their REAL NAMES would be very beneficial to the collecting world.

Especially if a person was banned for selling fake items or was caught faking autographs or doctoring game used equipment.

People don't leave the hobby if they are banned from GUU, they just look for other places to try and sell their crap
    To me that makes perfect sense.....I would be in favor of the list since you put it that way...I guess my thought was if you start a thread about banned members, someone might start a new thread asking about what exactly happened. They might want all the details and turn a un-needed thread into a bashing gossip thread, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by sammy View Post
    The ability to edit one's own posting. At times members post in the heat of whatever and regret or want to change the things stated. I see the moderators have this ability and use it frequently on their own posts.
    Agreed - The mods have always been able to edit typos, etc.

I understand why there is no edit feature, but I'm sure some of us would like to make corrections occasionally. I know I would.
    Dave
    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
    River City Redbird Authentics
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by chakes89 View Post

I like this... makes perfect sense.

I personally do not like the idea of a list of banned members. Why focus on that when the board is heading in a better direction. The moderators are here I am sure they have the list and if actions need to be taking they will come through. People can disagree but as long as you respect another opinion that differs from yours there should be no problem.

I personally do not mind the no edit feature. It holds people accountable for there actions. Think before you speak my father always told me.I stayed out of the threads that were no good for the board. They served no purpose to me and I am not about to get into an argument with a computer screen. We are all here for the purpose of sharing our knowledge and collections. The 5 new mods will do a superb job and I am sure they will encounter a few speed bumps along the way. They have my support ..
    Looking for Doug Flynn and Joel Youngblood items.NY Mets jerseys 78-82

Thanks Scott dcrules01@msn.com

Banned

I still would be in favor of a LIMITED edit feature, such as on Newsvine. With that, your post is held on screen for 3 minutes to allow you to check for typos, misspelling, poor choices of words, etc. Any edits must be made in that 3-minute time frame, if not, the post goes up as is and is no longer subject to editing. It would help people correct legitimate errors without allowing the post to be deleted or altered after being posted.

Dave M.
    Chicago area

Here is what the silent majorty thinks Who cares let just talk aboput game used collecting.

Quote Originally Posted by dcrules01 View Post
    I personally do not like the idea of a list of banned members. Why focus on that when the board is heading in a better direction. The moderators are here I am sure they have the list and if actions need to be taking they will come through. People can disagree but as long as you respect another opinion that differs from yours there should be no problem.

I personally do not mind the no edit feature. It holds people accountable for there actions. Think before you speak my father always told me.I stayed out of the threads that were no good for the board. They served no purpose to me and I am not about to get into an argument with a computer screen. We are all here for the purpose of sharing our knowledge and collections. The 5 new mods will do a superb job and I am sure they will encounter a few speed bumps along the way. They have my support ..
    Scott - Great points and thanks for the messages you sent me. I went through a few banned members and I couldn't tell you why some of them were banned unless I researched and why rehash it. The main thing is improving the Forum for the future.

When Yankees.Stub was banned, Vic Fanatic wasn't his real name. What could really be told about him or Genke or Posada20 or NYCRulesU or Hyl or TJM5711 or the rest of them that were banned.

To me, a Banned List may cause a lot of unwanted speculation and drama and problematic posts that could lead to inaccuracies.

Again, these are my own personal opinions. I have been outspoken myself before with my opinions as I want to see the Game Used Memorabilia Discussion category return to Game Used Discussions and move the OT items to its own section.

I think yesterday alone there was good progress. Thanks again!
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Quote Originally Posted by ham1963 View Post
    Here is what the silent majorty thinks Who cares let just talk aboput game used collecting.
    Exactly, which is why we need the OT section!
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    Exactly, which is why we need the OT section!
    An OT section would ruin this forum forever. There is already an OT section...every other message board and forum on the internet.
    I think some of you are cool dudes with a lot of knowledge. I could care less about your religious views, your bank account, your car, your job, what dog breed you think is best, your pick for the Oscar, your favorite song, Mac or Windows, boxers or briefs, a good recipe for a fried banana sandwich, etc.

Is the purpose of this forum to gain the most readership or to share the knowledge of game used sports memorabilia?