Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Suggestion for GUU

I can understand the desire that many forum members have for an edit feature. However, everyone already has an ability to edit posts before publishing. This feature is called the preview post button. Typos suck as at some time almost everybody encounters one, I get it. The forum might be a better place if we all took advantage of this feature. The preview post gives one a chance to think about if one really want to post what they have written... time to think before "speaking."

The inabilty to edit keeps us accountable for what we write.

Quote Originally Posted by sportscentury View Post
    I assume that you meant to say, "They're no longer going to be a part of the forum..."

This statement is naive at best. Have you been following GUU at all? Folks who have been banned come back again and again with new fraudulent userids. So, your assertion is false. Also, who said anything about "talking about them?" The proposal is to have a published list of banned users. Period. End. No discussion. It would be a closed/locked forum that is accessible only to Forum Moderators. I suggest more reading and thinking and less writing. Whether the new forum moderators endorse the suggestion is irrelevent to the merit of Frik's suggestion. The suggestion is good and stands on its own. To oppose it so strongly is odd and instills suspicion in some of us who have been here from the beginning watching the site's unfortunate evolution. Frik is not liked by several GUU members, but when she makes a legitimate suggestion, it is important that we have an intellectual rather than emotional response to it.
    I'm not the only one who thinks it's a bad idea. Looks like plenty of other long time members feel the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by sportscentury View Post
    Whether the new forum moderators endorse the suggestion is irrelevent to the merit of Frik's suggestion. The suggestion is good and stands on its own. To oppose it so strongly is odd and instills suspicion in some of us who have been here from the beginning watching the site's unfortunate evolution.
    Thank you. The Banned List would be set up so that only moderators and admins could reply to it. All it would include is a list of banned members, sort of like the following:

TDKID banned for being the reincarnation of tjm5711.
    Hyl banned for spamming the boards.

The information contained is all very factual and would preempt members from posting "Why did he get banned?" threads. The information would all be contained in one thread where only mods could post.

Frik is not liked by several GUU members, but when she makes a legitimate suggestion, it is important that we have an intellectual rather than emotional response to it.
    Life is not a popularity contest. Given some of the personalities on this board, I am hardly saddened to not be liked by some of the characters on here. Especially given the conservative nature of many on the GUU.

But I would second the suggestion to not oppose this idea just because I am the one who suggested it. It's a good suggestion and works well on other boards I've been a part of. It ought to be implemented here.
    Les Zukor
    bagwellgameused@gmail.com
    Collecting Jeff Bagwell Cleats, Jerseys, & Other Items

http://www.bagwellgameused.com
    (617) 682-0408

Quote Originally Posted by frikativ54 View Post
    Thank you. The Banned List would be set up so that only moderators and admins could reply to it. All it would include is a list of banned members, sort of like the following:

TDKID banned for being the reincarnation of tjm5711.
    Hyl banned for spamming the boards.

The information contained is all very factual and would preempt members from posting "Why did he get banned?" threads. The information would all be contained in one thread where only mods could post.
    So the usefulness of the list would be to notify members of why someone was banned in order to avoid the why were they banned threads? LOL..And so now the hottest thread going on the forum is the thread discussing the validity of a banned list. Does anyone else see the comedy here? Stop the insanity!

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelofSF View Post
    The inabilty to edit keeps us accountable for what we write.
    Michael -

I agree with being accountable for what we write, BUT... the EDIT Feature would be well served in he Collector to Collector Forum so you could edit prices, what had sold, what is still available,etc without having to bump your CtoC thread everytime you sell something or what to change a price, etc.

All the best -

Chris

I personally am not worried about why someone is banned and the story behind it. I belong to a few message boards and have never seen a banned list and I am a moderator of one of them. If someone gets banned there is a reason for it but to create a thread so members can see why that member was banned has nothing to do for what this board is about. It goes along with the edit feature and the reason there is not one. Members are accountable for there actions and as Michael said that is what the preview button is for before you post. But Chris does have a nice point in the buy sell thread as far as updating prices and items that are no longer available.
    Looking for Doug Flynn and Joel Youngblood items.NY Mets jerseys 78-82

Thanks Scott dcrules01@msn.com

I think it's pretty obvious that we will all not agree on things here. Let's just let the fantastic five clean things up and get on with our lives.

If you really want to impress me, give the old knowledgeable members a reason to return. Hell, even the creator doesn't frequent his creation anymore. What does that tell you?
    Mike

Looking for any White Sox jersey from Richie Zisk.

My website - http://www.freewebs.com/karamaxjoe/

"There are only two seasons - winter and Baseball"
    ~ Bill Veeck

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by karamaxjoe View Post
    I think it's pretty obvious that we will all not agree on things here. Let's just let the fantastic five clean things up and get on with our lives.

If you really want to impress me, give the old knowledgeable members a reason to return. Hell, even the creator doesn't frequent his creation anymore. What does that tell you?

Thank you for all your suggestions. We really appreciate your concerns on how to futher improve the forum member experience. Your Moderation commitee and the Forum sponsors (Chris Cavalier and Mike Specht) are discussing things and will announce decisions on suggestions shortly.

Peace,
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.