• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • legaleagle92481
    Banned
    • Oct 2009

Re: NBA All-Star Jerseys

Originally posted by Sonny25
    It's be nice if they had a few more NBA teams also.

Don't get me wrong I love that they have the Hawks, Blazers, T'Wolves & Kings, but I'd damn near buy them out of they had the Bobcats.
    I agree most of those teams like the Kings (except Evans who sold out very fast), T-Wolves, Knicks and Rockets do not have any must have players this year. It would be great it they had deals with the Spurs, Cavs, Celts, Lakers, Suns, Magic and Thunder. It seems like it is same teams and players every year in hockey they have so many players and teams I wish NBA teams were more like their NHL counterparts.

Comment

• legaleagle92481
      Banned
      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by sportscentury
      They have several Nowitzkis, but I would have thought that a Nowitzki Christmas jersey (the only one that has ever made it to nbagameworn.com for a fixed price) would have been long gone by now. The list price is the same as the regular season Dirks. I think some collectors have simply missed it.

I think MeiGray would sell more NBA jerseys if they consolidated their websites (MeiGray and NBAGameWorn) and cross-listed the special jerseys in all of the categories that apply (e.g., a Dirk Christmas jersey would be listed in both the Christmas Day and Mavericks sections).
      Yeah it is confusing how they have jerseys on two websites. Personally I do not like the one game jerseys would rather have a jersey worn for awhile especially if it is the same price like the Dirk ones but if I have no other options I would buy the one gamer like the Xmas Duncan they had.

Comment

• sportscentury
        • Nov 2005

Originally posted by legaleagle92481
        Yeah it is confusing how they have jerseys on two websites. Personally I do not like the one game jerseys would rather have a jersey worn for awhile especially if it is the same price like the Dirk ones but if I have no other options I would buy the one gamer like the Xmas Duncan they had.
        All things being equal, I agree. But there are exceptions to this rule for me (e.g., games in which the player has put up insane stats, Finals jerseys, milestone games, etc.), meaning that I pay a lot more for these even though they are sometimes single-game jerseys. The Christmas Day jerseys are just very popular with collectors. Until recently, I had the 2008 Dwight Howard Christmas Day jersey (photomatched). His stats were not the best in the game, but the Magic won and it looked great with the snowflake patch. I understand the appeal of these, but I share your sentiment as a general preference for multi-game jerseys. I've purchased many Dirks from MeiGray that were worn in so many games that they were literally coming undone in certain places. You have to love superstar jerseys with ultra-heavy use.
        Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Comment

• sportscentury
          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Sonny25
          It's be nice if they had a few more NBA teams also.

Don't get me wrong I love that they have the Hawks, Blazers, T'Wolves & Kings, but I'd damn near buy them out of they had the Bobcats.
          Barry is always working on getting more teams. They have a lot more teams than they did a few years back. These things take time.
          Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Comment

• mbenga28
            • Nov 2008

right, I still wonder why there's still a couple of Yao Ming game used jerseys available on NBAGameWorn, considering his worldwide popularity.

Comment

• neverfinished94
              • Dec 2009

how do you tell if its game worn or game issued? price?
              looking for anything from former Tampa Bay Buccaneer & current Jacksonville Jag Roy Miller

Comment

• neverfinished94
                • Dec 2009

oops, i see now. GI=game issued
                looking for anything from former Tampa Bay Buccaneer & current Jacksonville Jag Roy Miller

Comment

• MileHighFan
                  • Nov 2009

All-Star jerseys ending soon; any update on an auction schedule for jerseys used from other weekend events?

Comment

• BarryMeisel
                    • Jan 1970

Not yet, MileHighFan.

We hope to have an update soon. As soon as we do, we will post it.

Thanks, Barry
                    NBA & MGG Game-Worn Authentication Program

Comment

• at350zguyy
                      • Mar 2010

sportscentury has bid for a lot of them. i dont like getting into bidding wars, but thats what it looks like for some of them. i am the biggest deron williams fan and i used to play against him in college some and would really like his, but our friend sportscentury just keeps bidding everything up.

Comment

• worldchamps
                        • Dec 2005

Yeah i noticed that too....i guess we all have our strategies on bidding and when to bid. I personally am waiting until the last minute, to me any bids that are made now are doing nothing but driving up the prices...but like i said i guess we all have our strategies.

But dont get too frustrated yet, when it is all said and done, one person will probably walk away with all the jerseys
                        sigpic

Comment

• Sonny25
                          • Jul 2008

Originally posted by worldchamps
                          But dont get too frustrated yet, when it is all said and done, one person will probably walk away with all the jerseys
                          That really sucks too.

The player I'm really interested in is far from a high profile player, but am almost positive I'll lose out on him to somebody who give two flips about him.

Oh well, will make sure the jersey sells for a whole hell of alot more than it's worth if that's the case.

Comment

• Sonny25
                            • Jul 2008

Just read what I typed & didn't mean for that last sentence to sound like I was going to run the price up just to be bitter.

Meant that I was going in on the item with the intentions of spending alot of money, and if (Or when) I lose it won't be without putting up a fight.

Comment

• sportscentury
                              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by at350zguyy
                              sportscentury has bid for a lot of them. i dont like getting into bidding wars, but thats what it looks like for some of them. i am the biggest deron williams fan and i used to play against him in college some and would really like his, but our friend sportscentury just keeps bidding everything up.
                              To Mr. Amit Tailor (at350zguyy):

This is your first post here? Seriously? Wow, way to make an introduction. Your suggestion that I am simply "bidding up" the jerseys is out of line. Also, please stop emailing me privately to ask me to stop bidding on the Deron Williams jersey. I wonder what Barry Meisel would think if he knew that you were doing this to affect the overall bidding on MeiGray's auctions. I am a serious NBA collector. I bid on items for myself and also, upon occasion, for collector friends and buyers. I am allowed to bid as frequently as I like. I am allowed to bid whatever amounts I like. I have known Barry and MeiGray for many years and I always pay immediately and in full. If you want to pick a fight with someone, I want to assure you of one thing: I am not the guy you want to choose. I wish you and everyone else the best of luck with the bidding. I hope your second post on GUU is more appropriate than your first.

Comment

• allstarsplus
                                • Nov 2005

Originally posted by sportscentury
                                To Mr. Amit Tailor (at350zguyy):

This is your first post here? Seriously? Wow, way to make an introduction. Your suggestion that I am simply "bidding up" the jerseys is out of line. Also, please stop emailing me privately to ask me to stop bidding on the Deron Williams jersey. I wonder what Barry Meisel would think if he knew that you were doing this to affect the overall bidding on MeiGray's auctions. I am a serious NBA collector. I bid on items for myself and also, upon occasion, for collector friends and buyers. I am allowed to bid as frequently as I like. I am allowed to bid whatever amounts I like. I have known Barry and MeiGray for many years and I always pay immediately and in full. If you want to pick a fight with someone, I want to assure you of one thing: I am not the guy you want to choose. I wish you and everyone else the best of luck with the bidding. I hope your second post on GUU is more appropriate than your first.
                                These are one of a kind items and the deepest pockets may win out.

Reid isn't a shill and explained his motivations. You know the old saying, if you can't beat him join him?

Sounds like he is bidding for some friends too so I suggest you get on Reid's good side and maybe be his "friend" instead of what can be read between the lines as a possible baseless accusation that may be construed incorrectly and is borderline offensive (read what I highlighted in red)!
                                Regards,
                                Andrew Lang
                                AllstarsPlus@aol.com
                                202-716-8500

Comment

Working...