X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • worldchamps
    • Dec 2005

Re: NBA All-Star Jerseys

I hope my comments were not misunderstood, or associated with anyone else opinions. Even if exquiste wins them all, he is no bigger or smaller a fan than i am. It is just frustrating never the less.

And as far as Sportscentury,we collect some of the same guys, but i would never try to talk him out of bidding on someone, that is unfair to ask on anyone.

Ultimatley I am trying to psyche myself out of getting too attached, bc there is probably no way i will be able to win any of them.
    sigpic

Comment

• legaleagle92481
      Banned
      • Oct 2009

Sports Century has done nothing wrong. He seems like a really nice guy actually. Bidding early can discourage some people from bidding and reduce your competition so I see the strategy behind that. The items will get bid up anyway so it does not matter if it is at the very end or incrementally or who does it. There is so much traffic on that site and the items in question are so unique that nobody is going to "steal" anything. To ask people not to bid is patently unfair and anticompetitive you win some you lose some and this is g/u collectibles not life or death stuff that anyone has to win.

Comment

• mbenga28
        • Nov 2008

good luck to everyone who's bidding tonight, even if jt wins them all you at least still have the warmups to bid on.

Comment

• nickacs
          • Apr 2009

Originally posted by mbenga28
          good luck to everyone who's bidding tonight, even if jt wins them all you at least still have the warmups to bid on.
          Yup, digger26 keeps outbidding me But it's all good. Good luck too to everyone!

Comment

• worldchamps
            • Dec 2005

Also the Olympics taught us that 2nd and 3rd place are medal winners

Here to getting Silver or Bronze tonight...hahaha
            sigpic

Comment

• nickacs
              • Apr 2009

Haha, well I had the Lebron all up until 5mins to go and knew it was too good to be true Right at the last minute, like clockwork. Oh wells.. Probably better anyways than to blow my wad on this jersey and be broke for about a year

Hope someone other than exquisite won something! Good luck

Comment

• Sonny25
                • Jul 2008

I bid the LeBron jersey up to $19,000 & the Durant up to $6,000 with no luck.

That doesn't really bother me though, to me that's understandable.
                Would of been nice to have the Gerald Wallace jersey though (Home town guy), but I'm not gonna over pay for a so-so all-star.

Oh well, at least I got $30,000 already saved up for the NBA Final jerseys.

I can guarantee you if Kobe or LeBron makes it that far I won't lose out on either.
                That is unless somebody is willing to go above $50,000 (Which they may, who knows).

Comment

• nickacs
                  • Apr 2009

Good luck Sonny Having an NBA Finals jersey of one of the superstars would be a dream come true. Can't wait to see the bidding in June!

Comment

• Sonny25
                    • Jul 2008

Just got the Rose up to $10,000 with no luck.

Really considering seeing how high it would take me to get the Wallace jersey.

Comment

• mbenga28
                      • Nov 2008

amazing, exquisite jt. you have to tip your hat to him.

Comment

• Sonny25
                        • Jul 2008

Oh well, lose out on the Wallace at $5,000.

Not mad though, can sleep well knowing that I didn't overpay on anything (Since I didn't win anything lol).

Now on to saving more for the NBA Finals!

Comment

• worldchamps
                          • Dec 2005

i couldnt get a seat at this poker game

but i did my best to drive up the prices on them
                          sigpic

Comment

• sportscentury
                            • Nov 2005

The Deron Williams sold for $12,020, and Amit is crying that I'm bidding up the jerseys. LMFAO!

Come on ... you have to admit this is comical.

Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Comment

• worldchamps
                              • Dec 2005

yeah i was thinking the same thing, he was not familar with how all these auctions go down

i also think it is funny how the first couple auctions went lower than the later ones, carmelo and billups would be offended if they saw these prices.

I really think alot of people were just bidding to bid and drive the prices up
                              sigpic

Comment

• sportscentury
                                • Nov 2005

Originally posted by worldchamps
                                yeah i was thinking the same thing, he was not familar with how all these auctions go down

i also think it is funny how the first couple auctions went lower than the later ones, carmelo and billups would be offended if they saw these prices.

I really think alot of people were just bidding to bid and drive the prices up
                                Have wondered the same thing. Nothing in this hobby would surprise me, that is for sure.
                                Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Comment

Working...