Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Hybrid View

Re: NBA All-Star Jerseys

sportscentury has bid for a lot of them. i dont like getting into bidding wars, but thats what it looks like for some of them. i am the biggest deron williams fan and i used to play against him in college some and would really like his, but our friend sportscentury just keeps bidding everything up.

Quote Originally Posted by at350zguyy View Post
    sportscentury has bid for a lot of them. i dont like getting into bidding wars, but thats what it looks like for some of them. i am the biggest deron williams fan and i used to play against him in college some and would really like his, but our friend sportscentury just keeps bidding everything up.
    To Mr. Amit Tailor (at350zguyy):

This is your first post here? Seriously? Wow, way to make an introduction. Your suggestion that I am simply "bidding up" the jerseys is out of line. Also, please stop emailing me privately to ask me to stop bidding on the Deron Williams jersey. I wonder what Barry Meisel would think if he knew that you were doing this to affect the overall bidding on MeiGray's auctions. I am a serious NBA collector. I bid on items for myself and also, upon occasion, for collector friends and buyers. I am allowed to bid as frequently as I like. I am allowed to bid whatever amounts I like. I have known Barry and MeiGray for many years and I always pay immediately and in full. If you want to pick a fight with someone, I want to assure you of one thing: I am not the guy you want to choose. I wish you and everyone else the best of luck with the bidding. I hope your second post on GUU is more appropriate than your first.
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by sportscentury View Post
    To Mr. Amit Tailor (at350zguyy):

This is your first post here? Seriously? Wow, way to make an introduction. Your suggestion that I am simply "bidding up" the jerseys is out of line. Also, please stop emailing me privately to ask me to stop bidding on the Deron Williams jersey. I wonder what Barry Meisel would think if he knew that you were doing this to affect the overall bidding on MeiGray's auctions. I am a serious NBA collector. I bid on items for myself and also, upon occasion, for collector friends and buyers. I am allowed to bid as frequently as I like. I am allowed to bid whatever amounts I like. I have known Barry and MeiGray for many years and I always pay immediately and in full. If you want to pick a fight with someone, I want to assure you of one thing: I am not the guy you want to choose. I wish you and everyone else the best of luck with the bidding. I hope your second post on GUU is more appropriate than your first.
    These are one of a kind items and the deepest pockets may win out.

Reid isn't a shill and explained his motivations. You know the old saying, if you can't beat him join him?

Sounds like he is bidding for some friends too so I suggest you get on Reid's good side and maybe be his "friend" instead of what can be read between the lines as a possible baseless accusation that may be construed incorrectly and is borderline offensive (read what I highlighted in red)!
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

I hope my comments were not misunderstood, or associated with anyone else opinions. Even if exquiste wins them all, he is no bigger or smaller a fan than i am. It is just frustrating never the less.

And as far as Sportscentury,we collect some of the same guys, but i would never try to talk him out of bidding on someone, that is unfair to ask on anyone.

Ultimatley I am trying to psyche myself out of getting too attached, bc there is probably no way i will be able to win any of them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned

Sports Century has done nothing wrong. He seems like a really nice guy actually. Bidding early can discourage some people from bidding and reduce your competition so I see the strategy behind that. The items will get bid up anyway so it does not matter if it is at the very end or incrementally or who does it. There is so much traffic on that site and the items in question are so unique that nobody is going to "steal" anything. To ask people not to bid is patently unfair and anticompetitive you win some you lose some and this is g/u collectibles not life or death stuff that anyone has to win.

I would like to give a HUGE thank you to jtnbafan (exquisite) for allowing me to win the Gerald Wallace slam dunk shooting shirt.

I ended up with a bunch of nice little Gerald Wallace pieces throughout the year, I think the only items of his I didn't win I lost out to exquisite.