Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Re: NBA All-Star Jerseys

I really wanted Dirk the most, and Duncan second....i knew i wouldnt win, but for a brief second i thought, maybe a bunch would end at the same time, and i might sneak the Dirk jersey....that thought didnt last long.

It was pretty obvious he had the exqusite account bidding on the west jerseys and the jtnbafan bidding on all the east, probably had 2 people bidding just to make sure he won them all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

He won the complete set of All Star jerseys last year, and now he has won the complete set this year. History in the making. You have to love his passion and respect his dedication.

As an aside, after watching Digger26 bid $21G+ on the LBJ Christmas Day jersey, I thought he'd be more of a player this evening, but apparently not.
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Banned

Dont be supprised if most these jerseys end up cut up into little cards "exquiste" could work for the Exquiste card Co. Not sure who their managed by could be UD. Lets hear you opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer56 View Post
    Dont be supprised if most these jerseys end up cut up into little cards "exquiste" could work for the Exquiste card Co. Not sure who their managed by could be UD. Lets hear you opinions.
    Anthony/Christopher/Stephen/Michael -

How are you (all) today? So nice of you to chime in. How is your Deron Williams "photomatched" jersey doing? (Cough)

As for your suggestion, with all due respect, it is ridiculous. UD doesn't even have the NBA contract any longer. You have not a clue as to what you are talking about.

Here is a question: Who is Christopher Mandarino and how did you come to select this name for your newest GUU userid?

Have a great night.
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny25 View Post
    I told myself I wouldn't spend no more than $2,000 for a player like Wallace, but ended up going up to $5,000. lol
    desperation sets in after awhile i was not planning to go to 10 at 1st either but to just win one would have been so cool regardless of whos name is on the back.

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    I had $13,000 to spend so I bid up every jersey into that range that explains the high prices. I would have been happy with any of them but a few I capped my limit at 10 grand on (no way I am paying more than that that for Lee or Wallace) and I missed Carmello and Billups. I may not have won but I fought him hard and if he keeps getting fought this hard maybe eventually other people will be able to get theirs.
    Wow is all I can say after reading that this person won every All-Star jersey tonight. I feel for you hoops collectors on the forum who would just like to have one of these jerseys.

I'm just glad that this person doesn't collect baseball or they would have outbid me on the Rollins WS jersey I recently picked up for sure.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by worldchamps View Post
    I am glad to know this, i thought it was a little odd that so many ended at $13,020..or in that range.

If i won crazy money in the lottery, i would probably try to win them all too...but it would seem that even with unlimited funds you would get to a point where you have too much?? I think he has won 90% of all the auctions that were from the allstar game and the finals, and all the big time jerseys that have come up.....but like i said in an ealier post, to each and his own...im not here to judge.
    if i had unlimited funds i would not want them all there is so much too collect over all sports why load up on one thing? plus alot of the guys are not going back like wallace, lee, horford, randolph. dont get me wrong if i had to i would have gladly gotten one of those just to have one but if i had duncan, nash or jerseys like that its hard to get excited about a lee or a wallace.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey2007 View Post
    Wow is all I can say after reading that this person won every All-Star jersey tonight. I feel for you hoops collectors on the forum who would just like to have one of these jerseys.

I'm just glad that this person doesn't collect baseball or they would have outbid me on the Rollins WS jersey I recently picked up for sure.
    My sentiments exactely I collect all four sports so I am glad he stays out of the others. If he were into baseball your Rollins would have went for like 30 grand. He made the LA Times last June for bidding 35k on a jersey Kobe wore in only game 1 of the NBA Finals.

if i had unlimited funds i would not want them all there is so much too collect over all sports why load up on one thing? plus alot of the guys are not going back like wallace, lee, horford, randolph. dont get me wrong if i had to i would have gladly gotten one of those just to have one but if i had duncan, nash or jerseys like that its hard to get excited about a lee or a wallace.
    It's just a matter of personal preference. You may not want the entire set, but I assure you Exquisite is not the only person who does. I would take the entire set in a heartbeat.

Are you sure that Lee and Horford are not going back? They seem rock solid to me. I'm on the fence about Wallace. And I agree with you that this was Z-Bo's one time to shine (long overdue in many analysts' opinions), so it is unlikely we'll see him back. Lee and Horford, though, have been consistent from day one. Neither one will ever be a superstar, but I could see them finishing with 3 or 4 A.S. appearances each before they are done.

My sentiments exactely I collect all four sports so I am glad he stays out of the others. If he were into baseball your Rollins would have went for like 30 grand. He made the LA Times last June for bidding 35k on a jersey Kobe wore in only game 1 of the NBA Finals.
    It was only worn in one game of the Finals (Game 1), but there is a good chance it was worn in earlier Playoff games, as well. This is typical for the Lakers. For example, the Game 2 Finals jerseys (white/alternate) were also worn in Game 7 of the Lakers/Rockets Western Semi-Conference Finals series. The Finals patches were added after the fact.

$35,000 is a good chunk of change. But it may seem like a bargain soon with Sonny25 willing to go to $50G this year. Warm up the presses, LA Times!

I would love to have these jerseys in my PC, but I think this is great for the hobby. All of our collections go up in value each time one of these auctions runs. And it shows you the trust that high-end collectors have in MeiGray, which is primarily known for hockey but has become the biggest name in hoops now, as well (or, at least, is one of the top two).