Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: 1995 Ripken All-Star Jersey

The only other things I wanted to bring out as far as the "Orioles" font is concerned, it appears if you looked at the orange border surrounding the "e" and "s" on Orioles on the auction jersey, they appear to touch and on the pictures, there is definitely separation/daylight between the two letters.

While this shows little, here is a picture from my library of Cal tagging out Dykstra as he attempted to steal 2nd in the first inning of the game...

Banned

I have to say after looking at your screen shots, it appears to be THE one. I was concerned with the location of the "8" on the front, and the crossing over of the black piping between the second "o" and the "l"...and it hits the exact location in both cases on the nose...something I was unable to find (match) on any other picture of a 1995 home Orioles jersey being worn in an action shot by Ripken Jr.

The stains? Someone didn't take very good care of this jersey apparently. Or they happend in the clubhouse after the game, or sometime after that (obviously). But I do believe it is the same jersey.

Thank you for posting the pics ironmanfan.

Quote Originally Posted by ironmanfan View Post
    The only other things I wanted to bring out as far as the "Orioles" font is concerned, it appears if you looked at the orange border surrounding the "e" and "s" on Orioles on the auction jersey, they appear to touch and on the pictures, there is definitely separation/daylight between the two letters.
    [/IMG]
    here is the "e" and "s" section of the jersey from the 2 auction photos in zoom mode.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Banned

Even if authentic, this jersey appears to be a one-time worn jersey for the event.

The distinguishing characteristics that I have found differ from every single game-worn jersey from the 1995 season. It almost appears to be the case of issuing a jersey with the knowledge it was to be auctioned off in a Charity after the game.

If I am accurate in my assessment, a true season worn game-used jersey would be much more appealing, but that is just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by entitled_nitwits View Post
    I have to say after looking at your screen shots, it appears to be THE one. I was concerned with the location of the "8" on the front, and the crossing over of the black piping between the second "o" and the "l"...and it hits the exact location in both cases on the nose...something I was unable to find (match) on any other picture of a 1995 home Orioles jersey being worn in an action shot by Ripken Jr.

The stains? Someone didn't take very good care of this jersey apparently. Or they happend in the clubhouse after the game, or sometime after that (obviously). But I do believe it is the same jersey.

Thank you for posting the pics ironmanfan.
    I guess my eyes are not as good. I couldn't tell much of anything from the screen shots. Has anyone accessed the high-resolution version of the Getty Image to see if there is a match? The photo may not be of high-enough quality to tell, but if I were seriously interested in this shirt, this would seem like a no-brainer investment to me.
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

I found some video of Ripken being introduced before the game at youtube.com Type in Arlington Texas 1995 All-Star Game mlb Ripken footage begins at 5:30 of the video and ends at 5:55

Quote Originally Posted by cstock101 View Post
    I found some video of Ripken being introduced before the game at youtube.com Type in Arlington Texas 1995 All-Star Game mlb Ripken footage begins at 5:30 of the video and ends at 5:55
    here a screenshot
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by ironmanfan View Post

While this shows little, here is a picture from my library of Cal tagging out Dykstra as he attempted to steal 2nd in the first inning of the game...

compare the back plate location
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com

Joel,
    When you mention the "back plate" are you comparing the two pics listed? If so,one is Ripken being introduced minutes before the game and the other pic is in the first inning. I would guess it to be a safe assumption that they are the exact same jersey,correct? I was thinking somebody could view the youtube video to see if they can photo match it with the Huggins & Scott auction jersey. Chris

Steve Mears called me to tell me he was the ultimate winner of the Cal Ripken jersey.

Personally, I think Steve got a really good price on it especially given the year was 1995 and how historic that was for Cal.

I think it adds to the collectibility and history of the jersey that it came from 1995 the year Cal broke Gehrig's streak on Sept 6, 1995.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500