Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Re: NBA All-Star Jerseys

Quote Originally Posted by mbenga28 View Post
    he won a couple of the superstar players Celtics Christmas jerseys, so it's safe to say he's ready for this as well.
    Yup, I'd say if you don't have about $50k just "laying" around to spend, forget about it! All the superstar players will be gone by our "friend" in no time.

Hi everybody,

I am happy to answer all the questions, as I am still in Dallas awaiting my flight back to New Jersey.

NBA & MGG Authenticators, including myself, secured the 24 jerseys worn in the first half of last night's 59th annual All-Star Game.

All were tagged and authenticated prior to the event, and authenticated after the event in Cowboys Stadlum (wow, what a place!!).

I have them with me returning to NJ, and will be happy to answer any questions on sizes, etc. The reason the sizes were not listed in the auction that began at tip off last night is that players got to choose from several sizes of a new style cut of jersey produced by adidas.

Yes, auctions will continue into March for warmups, shooting shirts, skills competition and other All-Star Weekend events, etc. So stay tuned for those announcements.

Unfortunately, we cannot control who bids, who wins, etc. Good luck to all of you, and feel free to pose any questions you have here. Or you can e-mail me at bmeisel@meigray.com

Thanks, Barry

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nickacs View Post
    Yup, I'd say if you don't have about $50k just "laying" around to spend, forget about it! All the superstar players will be gone by our "friend" in no time.
    He throws curveballs sometimes there are auctions in which he does not bid such as the Christmas 2008 auction. Also check MEIgray's site frequently because alot of times jerseys that were auctioned end up on there because I assume someone did not pay for them. Since last summer I have seen a Shaq Latin Nights jersey and a Duncan Christmas 2008 jersey on there both reasonably priced so at least there is a chance that one could wind up on there.

Hi everybody,

Thanks for the questions.

The players keep the jerseys they wore in the second half. We record the numbers of all jerseys worn and prepared for the game, and that information will be available if needed by anyone checking authenticity in the secondary market.

In the case of Jason Kidd, who was a late addition and had his jersey made without enough time to tag it before the game, the jerseys are marked uniquely by an NBA & MGG Program authenticator.

We are still organizing all inventory collected from All-Star Weekend, and we will announce the items that will be available via auction.

Thanks, Barry

Chris Kaman and David Lee fell into the same category as Kidd, late additions to the All-Star rosters.

Barry

All-Star jerseys ending soon; any update on an auction schedule for jerseys used from other weekend events?

Not yet, MileHighFan.

We hope to have an update soon. As soon as we do, we will post it.

Thanks, Barry
    NBA & MGG Game-Worn Authentication Program

Banned

Dont be supprised if most these jerseys end up cut up into little cards "exquiste" could work for the Exquiste card Co. Not sure who their managed by could be UD. Lets hear you opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer56 View Post
    Dont be supprised if most these jerseys end up cut up into little cards "exquiste" could work for the Exquiste card Co. Not sure who their managed by could be UD. Lets hear you opinions.
    Anthony/Christopher/Stephen/Michael -

How are you (all) today? So nice of you to chime in. How is your Deron Williams "photomatched" jersey doing? (Cough)

As for your suggestion, with all due respect, it is ridiculous. UD doesn't even have the NBA contract any longer. You have not a clue as to what you are talking about.

Here is a question: Who is Christopher Mandarino and how did you come to select this name for your newest GUU userid?

Have a great night.
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

I ended up getting the Gerald Wallace pro-cut jersey.

Very happy about that, I really wanted some sort of Wallace all-star item & this ended up being a very cheap alternative.
    Hopefully I can get in on the dunk jersey, should those go up.