Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

NBA All-Star Jerseys

Just noticed these went up for auction.

Does anybody know if that one guy still goes after every one of them, or is it safe to bid again? lol

Also anyone know if other items (Warm-ups, rookie unis, dunk unis, etc) from the all-star weekend will be up for auction?

Re: NBA All-Star Jerseys

Last year, it seemed that the one main collector (using two different screen names) picked up a majority of the items.

The do auction off the warm up,rookie game, and special event jerseys as well. Some of those might be available outside of the big money bidders.

Another option if the game issued jerseys, if you accept those, as they seem to be passed over by the big guys.

Good luck.

is Kobe's game issued going to be auctioned?

it's going to be fun watching that one bidder take all the jerseys again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny25 View Post
    Just noticed these went up for auction.

Does anybody know if that one guy still goes after every one of them, or is it safe to bid again?
    he won a couple of the superstar players Celtics Christmas jerseys, so it's safe to say he's ready for this as well.

Quote Originally Posted by mbenga28 View Post
    he won a couple of the superstar players Celtics Christmas jerseys, so it's safe to say he's ready for this as well.
    Yup, I'd say if you don't have about $50k just "laying" around to spend, forget about it! All the superstar players will be gone by our "friend" in no time.

Hi everybody,

I am happy to answer all the questions, as I am still in Dallas awaiting my flight back to New Jersey.

NBA & MGG Authenticators, including myself, secured the 24 jerseys worn in the first half of last night's 59th annual All-Star Game.

All were tagged and authenticated prior to the event, and authenticated after the event in Cowboys Stadlum (wow, what a place!!).

I have them with me returning to NJ, and will be happy to answer any questions on sizes, etc. The reason the sizes were not listed in the auction that began at tip off last night is that players got to choose from several sizes of a new style cut of jersey produced by adidas.

Yes, auctions will continue into March for warmups, shooting shirts, skills competition and other All-Star Weekend events, etc. So stay tuned for those announcements.

Unfortunately, we cannot control who bids, who wins, etc. Good luck to all of you, and feel free to pose any questions you have here. Or you can e-mail me at bmeisel@meigray.com

Thanks, Barry

Barry, I was wondering if you knew what was happening to the jerseys worn in the second half? Just curious as I noticed LeBron had his jersey untucked while Wade was receiving his MVP, and the MGG tag was visible.

And was Jason Kidd's jersey tagged prior to the event? I saw some photos of him during warm-up, and there's no MGG tag on his jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by MileHighFan View Post
    Barry, I was wondering if you knew what was happening to the jerseys worn in the second half? Just curious as I noticed LeBron had his jersey untucked while Wade was receiving his MVP, and the MGG tag was visible.
    Stoudamire also had his jersey untucked and you could see the MeiGray security tagging as well.

Will Kobe's game issued be offered down the road Barry?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nickacs View Post
    Yup, I'd say if you don't have about $50k just "laying" around to spend, forget about it! All the superstar players will be gone by our "friend" in no time.
    He throws curveballs sometimes there are auctions in which he does not bid such as the Christmas 2008 auction. Also check MEIgray's site frequently because alot of times jerseys that were auctioned end up on there because I assume someone did not pay for them. Since last summer I have seen a Shaq Latin Nights jersey and a Duncan Christmas 2008 jersey on there both reasonably priced so at least there is a chance that one could wind up on there.

Hi everybody,

Thanks for the questions.

The players keep the jerseys they wore in the second half. We record the numbers of all jerseys worn and prepared for the game, and that information will be available if needed by anyone checking authenticity in the secondary market.

In the case of Jason Kidd, who was a late addition and had his jersey made without enough time to tag it before the game, the jerseys are marked uniquely by an NBA & MGG Program authenticator.

We are still organizing all inventory collected from All-Star Weekend, and we will announce the items that will be available via auction.

Thanks, Barry