X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xpress34
    • Sep 2008

Re: Lou Gehrig "gamer"

Originally posted by bigtruck260
    I am searching...I KNOW we just had a thread about this...
    Dave -

I'm sure we did too... I'm just looking for every lie I can catch this guy in so I can have him booted from eBay as a Fraud.

- Chris

Comment

• xpress34
      • Sep 2008

Dave -

It was in this thread here...

- Chris

Comment

• MSpecht
        • Oct 2005

Here is another thought from a forum member that I have had exchanges with:

"My initial impression of him is that he's insane. This may still prove to be true. But the more I slog my way through his words, I really wonder if he's something more than just a guy selling on ebay. He keeps preaching about truth and railing against "supposed experts." He has said that he will only give his findings and proof to the winners of his auctions. Now, he's turning down decent offers, questioning buyers' motives.

Which makes me think this: perhaps he's doing some sort of experiment! Writing a book? Trying to uncover the gullability of collectors? Two things he keeps repeating are "he doesn't do this for money," and "we'll all see the light soon." He obviously isnt' selling for money, why else post these asinine Q's and A's? And if he were a common crook, why hasn't he told anyone to go to hell yet?

I think he wants the reactions and the hullabaloo. He's doing something with all this, and I just don't think it's selling garbage on ebay."

Any thoughts ??

Mike

Comment

• Mark17
          • May 2006

I've been wondering about the psychology behind this, too. It's the only interesting part of all this, as the items are clearly misrepresented. One thing the seller said that has stuck in my mind:

"Vince Malta wrote a very good book really ahead of its time good work Mr Malta. I know the man good guy his partner lets just say i would not buy a used car from the man he hides a lot & always angry I dont trust him. I have read the book as you can tell i said it is a very good book..."

So, apparently he references Vince's book and personally knows John. He also mentions other authenticators he's somewhat familiar with, and he says he reads these message boards.

My best guess is that what this is REALLY about is that he's trying to advertise his grading service. You know, for people who might have an item that wouldn't pass any responsible authentication process. If you analyze all his listings, and his comments, he spends a lot more time talking about "TSA", and, as Mike points out, downgrading other authenticators, than he does about his items for sale.

I think he's trolling for questionable items to authenticate. He didn't put all that effort into that 4-page LOA/COA, with all its disclaimers, etc., just to use it for a few items.

That's just my latest thought.

Or, he might be insane.

Comment

• jbsportstuff
            • Mar 2009

The only thing I can say that might contradict this whole psychology thing is the fact that he threatened me with a lawsuit and made it very clear that he would come after me if I, in any way, got the auction stopped by Ebay. He was pretty vindictive in his threats. Here it is again:

[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']My highly reputable and reliable sources tell me you are attempting to contact ebay with the intentions of taking down the bat. First, I will tell you that you are in way over your head with this. My Professional reputation is seriously impeccable, highly decorated, and extremely credible. Second, you must provide solid evidence, especially if this auction gets taken down based on opinions and assumptions by you (who is not a qualified expert), I assure you this will lead to legal matters and I will take this case to court, not only against ebay, also you seperately. I will also assure you that not only will I provide the evidence to the validity of this bat, I will then provide the evidence to slander, malicious gossip, defamation of character, calumniation and harassment on your part. Third, I have commited no crime, nor have I committed any illegal action by listing this bat. I and TSA have provided a 30 day money back guarantee to protect any buyer of which will be honored. I have solid hard evidence of the validity of this bat of which I will provide only to a court of law and/or the buyer upon request (I will not get entangled in the gossip you have initiated). Fourth, but not least, I have rights as well as you, and if you confidently wish to violate those rights, provided you have the evidence, then by all means do proceed. I will assure you, if and when this legal battle begins, I will not stop and show mercy , I will prove my case beyond all reasonable doubts and I will be, in addition to all relief deemed appropriate by the court, will also be compensated for all attorneys fees and any other costs of litigation. This is not a game and I hope you are fully prepared, and for the record I do hope this all gets get brought public and the "so called" experts get involved. This is why I have not entertained your foolish gossips, nothing solid will ever come from it. It will serve no purpose to debate foolishly with gossipers, that is not my battlefield. [/FONT]
            [FONT='Arial','sans-serif']- nycsportsstore4u[/FONT]

So there you have it....

Comment

• Mark17
              • May 2006

This, from his latest reply:

You are head and shoulders about the average person in this life yes ill give you that "MIKE" but no match for "TSA" these are scholars, philosophers, doctors, lawyers, lawmen etc at levels you wont even see in movies. One of these men has met Gehrig personally recently thats right you read right.

Okay... nothing wrong with being an educated professional, but my guess is, your average philosopher or lawman probably doesn't know a lot about old pieces of wood once used to hit baseballs.

And, of course, in his list of the esteemed professionals who comprise TSA, he left of the most critical one, the psychic who recently spoke to Gehrig.

Comment

• momen55
                • Aug 2006

"One of these men has met Gehrig personally recently thats right you read right".

i thought gehrig was dead? is he hiding at graceland with elvis? what a dope. i guess he doesn't realize how foolish he sounds.

Comment

• soxfan
                  • Jan 2010

This has become some very entertaining reading for me for the last couple of days.....and the new twist is that he knows someone who has recently spoken to/met Lou Gherig....I love it!

Cant wait to read the "next episode"....

Jeremy
                  macleodjeremy@hotmail.com

Comment

• legaleagle92481
                    Banned
                    • Oct 2009

Originally posted by momen55
                    "One of these men has met Gehrig personally recently thats right you read right".

i thought gehrig was dead? is he hiding at graceland with elvis? what a dope. i guess he doesn't realize how foolish he sounds.
                    Not only is he dead but he has been for 69 years! Probably longer than anyone on this board has been alive. Needless to say I doubt there are many people who have met Gehrig when they were an adult who are still with us.

Comment

• legaleagle92481
                      Banned
                      • Oct 2009

I am convinced this is a former forum member who did this knowing it would eventually end up on here and generate alot of discussion and he is sitting back reading what we right and cracking himself up and also enjoying being the center of attention. The guy probably got this stuff cheap maybe at a yard sale somewhere, knows he will never sell it so he is techincally not breaking the law and just has an abundance of free time to dream all of this stuff up. If you recall a few forum members in one of the authenticator threads used "TSA" but referring to a four letter word rather than "Sports" as the S to insult authenticators.Someone should arrange to send junk for TSA to authenticate and see what happens.

Comment

• bigtruck260
                        • Sep 2007

Originally posted by legaleagle92481
                        I am convinced this is a former forum member who did this knowing it would eventually end up on here and generate alot of discussion and he is sitting back reading what we right and cracking himself up and also enjoying being the center of attention. The guy probably got this stuff cheap maybe at a yard sale somewhere, knows he will never sell it so he is techincally not breaking the law and just has an abundance of free time to dream all of this stuff up. If you recall a few forum members in one of the authenticator threads used "TSA" but referring to a four letter word rather than "Sports" as the S to insult authenticators.Someone should arrange to send junk for TSA to authenticate and see what happens.
                        +1

Remember Vic Fanatic? Yankees.stub?

I was thinking about him when I read his responses. It is someone who has more than a basic knowledge of the industry...
                        Dave
                        Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
                        River City Redbird Authentics
                        http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

sigpic

Comment

• legaleagle92481
                          Banned
                          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by bigtruck260
                          +1

I was thinking about him when I read his responses. It is someone who has more than a basic knowledge of the industry...
                          That is the former member I had in mind.

Comment

• Mark17
                            • May 2006

Originally Posted by bigtruck260
                            +1

Do you remember his exact username? This site has a search engine and it would be interesting to see if the writing patterns are consistent (run-on sentences, yet generally decent spelling, etc.)

He made a comment about other authenticators costing him (or TSA, pretending for a moment there is a difference) a lot of money. So I'm wondering if there's a grudge of some sort being played out here.....

Comment

• legaleagle92481
                              Banned
                              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Mark17
                              Originally Posted by bigtruck260
                              +1

Do you remember his exact username? This site has a search engine and it would be interesting to see if the writing patterns are consistent (run-on sentences, yet generally decent spelling, etc.)

He made a comment about other authenticators costing him (or TSA, pretending for a moment there is a difference) a lot of money. So I'm wondering if there's a grudge of some sort being played out here.....
                              It was Yankees.stub, he specialized in bad grammar and run on sentences, claimed to be from NY and that he had all these amazing items (Lebron, Kobe, Montana and Marino gamers from UDA) that he refused to post pics of.

Comment

• BradleyERyon
                                • Feb 2010

He's now listing a Mantle "rookie" fielding glove for a mere $480,000. I won't waste my time or yours picking through the inaccuracies in the listing. This guy has a lot of free time on his hands.

Comment

Working...