Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Joe D Used A's Jersey

For those of you interested, here is a Joe DiMaggio used jersey from his days with the Oakland A's.:

http://auction.steinersports.com/cgi...aunbr=69606900

Banned

Re: Joe D Used A's Jersey

The current bid is $2,025 and the listing indicates the reserve is not met. If their past pricing on game used equipment is any indication (I was quoted $14,000 for a game worn Jeter batting helmet) , what can one expect the reserve to be set at on this particular jersey? $100,000?

Just curious.....

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Banned

Well I have to do a Phil Rizzuto impresiion here HOLY COW!!! wow what a rare peice this is better then waht was in the Joe Dimaggio Auction a couple of months back. I hope every one saved there scheckles for this one.

It is the first time that I have seen Steiner put a reserve on one of their auctions, but maybe the reserve isnt as high as you think?? The stuff on their auctions go for much less than their "retail". Its already out of my price range though, so I wont be bidding. It is a cool jersey though.

Banned

Thumbs up Re: Joe D Used A's Jersey

What torks me is that Steiner is charging another 5 percent penalty on top of your bid, for something they already own.

Wish I could do that on my eBay auctions.

Quote Originally Posted by sammy
    What torks me is that Steiner is charging another 5 percent penalty on top of your bid, for something they already own.

Wish I could do that on my eBay auctions.
    Exactly Sammy! When they first started charging that 5% penalty, I sent them an email asking how they can charge a premium on their own auctions. Auction house charge a premium because they are providing a service, selling items for their customers. Needless to say, they never responded. I used to bid on many of their auctions, now its just once in a while. It has to be a real bargain or something I really want for me to bid.

This jersey could be the same one that sold in Geppi's last auction for about $5K plus hammer. The interesting item noted here is that when I went to the website the last three bids were by Steiner!!! Now this could be someone with the same name, but has nothing to do with the auction, but Steiner Sports should not allow this person to use that name to bid on any auction. If it is Steiner Sports that this blows away shrill bidding and I will drop them an email to ascertain what is going on here.

Mark

Banned

Where did you see it on Geppi's? I just looked on there and there is nothing there?

Banned

Is this BLATANT shill bidding by STEINER AUCTIONS?

http://auction.steinersports.com/cgi...h%2FlVgg%3D%3D

Did you call them or email them to find out?????? You cannot come on here and say that without any proof. This is completely irresponsible. If you have facts, you can make a conclusion, until then do your work to get an answer.
    Eric