Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BULBUS
    • Nov 2005

Joe D Used A's Jersey

For those of you interested, here is a Joe DiMaggio used jersey from his days with the Oakland A's.:

Chris

NY Giants, NY Yankees, Don Mattingly, Mattingly brand bats (any player)
    sigpic
    donnie23fan at yahoo.com
  • hblakewolf
    Banned
    • Nov 2005

Re: Joe D Used A's Jersey

The current bid is $2,025 and the listing indicates the reserve is not met. If their past pricing on game used equipment is any indication (I was quoted $14,000 for a game worn Jeter batting helmet) , what can one expect the reserve to be set at on this particular jersey? $100,000?

Just curious.....

Howard Wolf
    hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Comment

• suave1477
      Banned
      • Jan 2006

Well I have to do a Phil Rizzuto impresiion here HOLY COW!!! wow what a rare peice this is better then waht was in the Joe Dimaggio Auction a couple of months back. I hope every one saved there scheckles for this one.

Comment

• BULBUS
        • Nov 2005

It is the first time that I have seen Steiner put a reserve on one of their auctions, but maybe the reserve isnt as high as you think?? The stuff on their auctions go for much less than their "retail". Its already out of my price range though, so I wont be bidding. It is a cool jersey though.
        Chris

sigpic
        donnie23fan at yahoo.com

Comment

• sammy
          Banned
          • Nov 2005

What torks me is that Steiner is charging another 5 percent penalty on top of your bid, for something they already own.

Wish I could do that on my eBay auctions.

Comment

• BULBUS
            • Nov 2005

Originally posted by sammy
            What torks me is that Steiner is charging another 5 percent penalty on top of your bid, for something they already own.

Wish I could do that on my eBay auctions.
            Exactly Sammy! When they first started charging that 5% penalty, I sent them an email asking how they can charge a premium on their own auctions. Auction house charge a premium because they are providing a service, selling items for their customers. Needless to say, they never responded. I used to bid on many of their auctions, now its just once in a while. It has to be a real bargain or something I really want for me to bid.
            Chris

sigpic
            donnie23fan at yahoo.com

Comment

• weimerskirch
              • Jan 2006

This jersey could be the same one that sold in Geppi's last auction for about $5K plus hammer. The interesting item noted here is that when I went to the website the last three bids were by Steiner!!! Now this could be someone with the same name, but has nothing to do with the auction, but Steiner Sports should not allow this person to use that name to bid on any auction. If it is Steiner Sports that this blows away shrill bidding and I will drop them an email to ascertain what is going on here.

Mark

Comment

• suave1477
                Banned
                • Jan 2006

Where did you see it on Geppi's? I just looked on there and there is nothing there?

Comment

• sammy
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2005

Is this BLATANT shill bidding by STEINER AUCTIONS?

Comment

• Eric
                    • Jan 1970

Did you call them or email them to find out?????? You cannot come on here and say that without any proof. This is completely irresponsible. If you have facts, you can make a conclusion, until then do your work to get an answer.
                    Eric
                    Always looking for game used San Diego Chargers items...

Comment

• weimerskirch
                      • Jan 2006

Sammy,

This is a question that needs to be asked to Steiner. This does indeed look like the exact same Dimaggio sold in the last Geppis Auction for $5,500.00 so their reserve is probably close to that.

Suave- Go to Geppis website and go to search...type in Oakland or Dimaggio and the jersey will come up.

I will send the question off to Steiner.

Mark

Comment

• Eric
                        • Jan 1970

EVERYONE-

IT TOOK ME 5 MINUTES TO RESEARCH IT, BUT HERE'S A POSSIBLE ANSWER- THIS IS WHY WE SHOULD NOT JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS

I DIRECT EVERYONE TO A PREVIOUS THREAD ABOUT A STEINER AUCTION WHERE THE SAME QUESTION CAME UP.

FELLOW FORUM MEMBER JIM CARAVELLO REVEALED HE WAS LISTED IN THE SYSTEM AS "STEINER."

Comment

• weimerskirch
                          • Jan 2006

Eric,

I hope your last posting is not directed towards me. I have been very professional in every posting I make on this website and all others. I have sent an email to Steiner simply asking them to clarify why the name "Steiner" has made three bids on this auction. Once they email me back I will post on this website.

Comment

• Eric
                            • Jan 1970

Originally posted by weimerskirch
                            Eric,

I hope your last posting is not directed towards me. I have been very professional in every posting I make on this website and all others. I have sent an email to Steiner simply asking them to clarify why the name "Steiner" has made three bids on this auction. Once they email me back I will post on this website.
                            It was not directed toward you. The content of your posting was responsible.

It was in response to Sammy who unfairly brought up shill bidding.

Comment

• sammy
                              Banned
                              • Nov 2005

Eric,

The bidding by "Steiner" was brought up in this post. I placed the link for others to view the bidding by "Steiner".

Asked a legitimate question, and I did call Steiner Auctions and talked to two different people. Neither of these could verify this question either way.

Just back off with your tone.

weimerskirch vbmenu_register("postmenu_14196", true);

This jersey could be the same one that sold in Geppi's last auction for about $5K plus hammer. The interesting item noted here is that when I went to the website the last three bids were by Steiner!!! Now this could be someone with the same name, but has nothing to do with the auction, but Steiner Sports should not allow this person to use that name to bid on any auction. If it is Steiner Sports that this blows away shrill bidding and I will drop them an email to ascertain what is going on here.

Mark

Comment

Working...