Quote Originally Posted by TNTtoys View Post
This is an actual problem that the players themselves are obviously aware of. I recall being at a Ron Darling signing within the past couple of years. I presented Ronnie with his 1993 home Oakland A's jersey (mind you, this was purchased directly from the team, and had the team stamp on the jersey itself). He looked at the guy next to him, almost in disgust, and said "these always managed to make their way out the back door of the clubhouse." I then was prompted to go on the defensive and show him the property stamp and explain that it was purchased directly from the team. I wonder how many other players assume the worst when their former equipment shows up in front of them at a signing.
TNT -

I understand players being upset when it's a Glove or Cleats, but for the most part, the TEAM - NOT the Player, buys the jerseys and hats. Bats vary depending on their contract.

So when players get bent about 'their' jersey, I have to laugh. I know from talking to players with the Rockies that if they want to keep jerseys, they have to pay the Rockies whatever the cost of the jersey was to the team - so unless they buy it and then it 'disappears', it wasn't really 'their' jersey in the 1st place.

Just playing Devil's Advocate here...

All the best -

Chris

P.S. - Worst question... I had a few Rockies GU World Series Hats from 2007 with Rox LOA... I had people writing telling me they could get player X hat (GU or AU, etc) for $XXX, so why wre mine more - what made them so 'special'??? REALLY??? GU WS Hat versus regular season hat?