Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

USPS - Stolen items

Again, I am victimized by the USPS. Received another empty bat tube today. Package was clearly ripped open and re-taped.

Thats at least the third time I can recall the USPS delivering an empty and opened package to me.

Anybody else have any empty package delivery stories?

Luckily this was not a large dollar item... But if you see it around please let me know... Package was shipped from Washington state to Overland Park Kansas, Kansas City suburb.

Game used bat of former Major Leaguer Mike Macfarlane. 34" long, handle is cracked and repaired. Previous owner appears to have lightly sanded bat around repair job of crack, "15" on knob, end is cupped, shows light game use, great gamer.

Unfortunately seller only has one barrel picture so not much to match it up by aside from a possible repair goof.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

Re: USPS - Stolen items

I have never had problems with USPS. I have shipped and recieved from them and never had anything bad happen. Sorry to hear that you did though

Banned

Usually these stolen bats are from UPS not USPS. Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokee View Post
    Usually these stolen bats are from UPS not USPS. Interesting.
    That's what i thought also

Just curious but what do you do? When the driver hands it to you and you know its a little light do you not sign for it? Do you call the police? Or just file a claim? Im not into baseball stuff but I always worry about this happening.
    Ryan

NFL game used collector

It sounds as if the problem is close to you, I would contact you local post office and ask for the proper phones numbers to file a complaint. The fact that this is this is the 3rd time its happened to you I would bet the problem is somewhere between your local sorting facility and yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by ivo610 View Post
    Just curious but what do you do? When the driver hands it to you and you know its a little light do you not sign for it? Do you call the police? Or just file a claim? Im not into baseball stuff but I always worry about this happening.
    Well, unfortunately, I was not home at delivery. It was left on the doorstep. I don't believe it was stolen after delivery, because there were three items delivered today and only one was stolen, so I think it was probably in the USPS custody chain. I am surprised the delivering postal clerk left it there without notice, the box was mangled and clearly breached with the contents missing.

Pretty much nothing to do... if the item was insured I could file an insurance claim. As is I will just take the package to my local PO and file a report with the Post Master. I'll email the seller and see what they say, I could probably claim a refund from paypal/ebay, but I feel bad for the seller, because I do not think its their fault.

Those three items were all delivered to different cities in which I've lived or worked over the past 10+- years. I've spoken to others who have had items removed. Since they are so spread out and infrequent I doubt its isolated to one person or one facility.

And to be fair, its only 3 bad experiences out of over 1,500, but its still frustrating when it happens.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

Here is the box... I could tell immediately it was empty, so I haven't tampered with this at all, this is exactly how it was delivered. Crazy.

I had a box end open up one time on a bat, and they (USPS) pushed the bat back in and re-taped the box, put damaged in transit stickers on the box and offered to cover the insurance "because the bat was broken". When I told them the bat was broken when I bought it they just looked really confused - i guess they expected me to take the $150 and run. Anyhow, my point being they clearly should have determined that this package was breached in transit and contents were missing and followed normal protocol in labeling the packaging damaged in transit.

Also in the interest of fairness, I originally assumed the item was stolen because the end appeared to be ripped open, but after closer inspection I guess it is possible the box was unintentionally damaged and the contents may have fallen out harmlessly somewhere along the way due to insufficient tape on the end of the packaging.

In retrospect, I may have acted a tad too quick in labeling it "probably stolen". I will try to file a "lost and found" claim with the PO and see what happens.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wes Campbell

Banned

holy crap that box looks like hell

Yep, missing items are tough to deal with.

I wrote a thread a long time ago about an amazing Alfonso Soriano Yankees bat that disappeared in a UPS shipment.

My only recent complaint with USPS was when they broke a really nice hockey stick.

For lack of a better description, all shippers suck in my opinion. I have seen how they load trucks so it better be packed well.

Most of my customers are between NYC and Washington, and if the order is large enough and the item is fragile, it is sometimes more cost effective to drive it to them.

I had a $200 shipping bill on an oversized package that I told them I could have shipped it in a Coach seat on an airline. Unreal!
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500