Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: I finally acquired my Rollins gamer/grail

Phenominal jersey. Forget the 2nd half, the tagging on that jersey might make it seem like it was used all year long

Slightly off-topic Dewey, but where are MLB Auction located? When you got the jersey, do you remember where address was?

Quote Originally Posted by Mattapan03 View Post
    Slightly off-topic Dewey, but where are MLB Auction located? When you got the jersey, do you remember where address was?
    It was mailed directly from the Phillies. I think that most game used items on MLB Auctions are mailed directly from the respective teams.

Banned

Here Are Some More Photos You Can Add To Your Collection - Rollins World Series
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey2007 View Post
    It was mailed directly from the Phillies. I think that most game used items on MLB Auctions are mailed directly from the respective teams.
    Got it. Thanks. For some reason I thought the teams sent their jerseys to MLB Auctions.

Hello Dewey, I typed in the MLB Hologram number and it comes up as Game Issued Jersey!! I would contact MLB and have them change that. You can see that it is a Gamer!! Take Care, Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Mattfedo01 View Post
    Hello Dewey, I typed in the MLB Hologram number and it comes up as Game Issued Jersey!! I would contact MLB and have them change that. You can see that it is a Gamer!! Take Care, Matt
    Matt, thanks for the note. I realize the MLB holo says "game issued" and I highly doubt MLB will change that. Maybe if all of the other Phillies WS jerseys said "game used" then I'd ask but it's due to the date that the jerseys were authenticated. Even thought it would be nice if the MLB holo was accurate, the jersey is photomatched and that trumps even the MLB info. Best, Dewey

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey2007 View Post
    Last night I was fortunate enough to win the Jimmy Rollins '09 World Series road jersey that was on MLB Auctions.

As some of you might have read on previous threads finding a legit Rollins jersey to add to my collection has been somewhat of a disappointment. I have bought and returned 3 different Rollins jerseys for different reasons in the last year or so and recently had someone with a photomatched '08 Rollins jersey decide not to sell. Well when his WS jersey popped up on MLB Auctions I told myself I had to get that one.

As far as I know this is the only Rollins WS jersey offered to the public. I know he donated his '08 home WS uniform to a local Philadelphia museum, http://www.phillychitchat.com/2010/0...t-donates.html and I assume he kept his road jersey or gave it to his family. I was told that he kept his '09 home WS jersey so that mean this is the only other one. I was also told that this is the same road jersey he wore during the second half of the season and all through the playoffs so in addition to being worn in the WS it was also game used for a good part of the season.

Being that he is from my hometown and the same high school this is definitely the centerpiece of my Alameda Sports collection. I can't wait to get it!
    According to this, the Rollins jersey may have been donated to a museum. Maybe he wore two jerseys during the 2008 World Series. This post is related to the April 2011 pickups thread.

Chris

Yep, and I will post pictures of the Museun jersey when I get home tonight and you can see from the WS photos that it IS NOT the one he wore in the WS.

Quote Originally Posted by MLB_Authentic View Post
    Yep, and I will post pictures of the Museun jersey when I get home tonight and you can see from the WS photos that it IS NOT the one he wore in the WS.
    Congrats on the pickup. It just hurts that I could have bought that jersey. I did buy 4 very nice pickups myself, but I left the best one behind.

Chris