X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dewey2007
    • Dec 2007

Re: I finally acquired my Rollins gamer/grail

Originally posted by joelsabi
    Congratulations Dewey on acquiring your new centerpiece to the Alameda Sports Project. I know you have worked hard to make the project a reality and you getting this gem is only fitting. I hope your efforts will be appreciated by the Alameda community.
    Joel, thanks for the kind words. The project has been something that's been fun to do and something that I've been working hard at keeping up especially the website. I'm always trying to add new info or update the info I have through more research. Anyhow, I'm happy to say, we will be hosting our 2nd Annual exhibit later on this summer.

You know, I think my efforts will be appreciated but to most they will have no real idea of the significance of an item like a WS jersey. Most don't really know about the hobby and to them it's just a cool item in an exhibit. It's really all of you guys on the board that understand and know what it means to add a special piece to your collection whatever it may be.
    sigpicwww.alamedasportsproject.com

Comment

• both-teams-played-hard
      • Nov 2005

Nice pick-up, Dewey!

Comment

• legaleagle92481
        Banned
        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by philsfan
        Very nice WS Gamer. I was watching this one as well until you dropped crazy bank on it and shut down the auction. I'm sure you guys already know that Rollins sells game used stuff on his official website. In addition, the Phil's usually auction his stuff at the stadium or sell at the stadium store. I remember last year seeing a cracked Rollins bat for $250 at the store.
        Wow the prices on his site are steep. $750 for a signed cracked bat that in the site's own words the exact game used is not documented for and they have no jerseys. Dewey got a good deal all things considering it may be the only Rollins WS jersey to ever hit the market and Rollins oneday could possibly make the HOF.

Comment

• Dewey2007
          • Dec 2007

Originally posted by legaleagle92481
          Dewey got a good deal all things considering it may be the only Rollins WS jersey to ever hit the market and Rollins oneday could possibly make the HOF.
          legaleagle92481, let's hope your right on both points...

Comment

• Chris78
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by philsfan
            Very nice WS Gamer. I was watching this one as well until you dropped crazy bank on it and shut down the auction. I'm sure you guys already know that Rollins sells game used stuff on his official website. In addition, the Phil's usually auction his stuff at the stadium or sell at the stadium store. I remember last year seeing a cracked Rollins bat for $250 at the store.
            When did they sell a bat for $250? I remember seeing one for $450 in September that I decided to pass on.

Chris

Comment

• philsfan
              • Aug 2009

You might be right on the price of the Rollins bat at the store in Citizens Bank. My memory could be failing me, but I thought the cracked Rollins bat was being sold for $250. If it was $450, that's still a steal. You won't find an authentic Rollins bat with a MLB hologram and Phillies COA for $450 anywhere.

Comment

• Neely8
                • Apr 2006

Congrats. Dewey on your acquisition. I guess what I will be sending you this week pales in comparison!

Comment

• neverfinished94
                  • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Dewey2007
                  Last night I was fortunate enough to win the Jimmy Rollins '09 World Series road jersey that was on MLB Auctions.

As some of you might have read on previous threads finding a legit Rollins jersey to add to my collection has been somewhat of a disappointment. I have bought and returned 3 different Rollins jerseys for different reasons in the last year or so and recently had someone with a photomatched '08 Rollins jersey decide not to sell. Well when his WS jersey popped up on MLB Auctions I told myself I had to get that one.

As far as I know this is the only Rollins WS jersey offered to the public. I know he donated his '08 home WS uniform to a local Philadelphia museum, http://www.phillychitchat.com/2010/0...t-donates.html and I assume he kept his road jersey or gave it to his family. I was told that he kept his '09 home WS jersey so that mean this is the only other one. I was also told that this is the same road jersey he wore during the second half of the season and all through the playoffs so in addition to being worn in the WS it was also game used for a good part of the season.

Being that he is from my hometown and the same high school this is definitely the centerpiece of my Alameda Sports collection. I can't wait to get it!
                  pm sent
                  looking for anything from former Tampa Bay Buccaneer & current Jacksonville Jag Roy Miller

Comment

• Rob
                    • May 2009

Dewey,

I am jelous. That is a great pickup. Congrats!

Rob

Comment

• Dewey2007
                      • Dec 2007

I finally got around to taking pics of the jersey and wanted to share them with the forum. Thanks to everyone for the well wishes on me adding the jersey to my collection!
                      Attached Files

Comment

• tigerdale
                        • Dec 2007

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
                        Thank you, Dale
                        tigers1984@comcast.net

Comment

• Neal
                          • Jan 2010

Very cool!!
                          looking for Phillies GU bats

Comment

• nickacs
                            • Apr 2009

Congrats again Dewey! Glad to see this awesome piece go to you and a fellow collector that will enjoy it If you ever want to sell.... hehe!

Comment

• LastingsMilledge85
                              • May 2009

That is one beat up jersey, very nice. Gotta love those stamp tags on the cool base jerseys.

Comment

• legaleagle92481
                                Banned
                                • Oct 2009

wow what a cool looking jersey congrats from the looks of it it was worth every penny. it is great to see people obtain their grail.

Comment

Working...