Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

I finally acquired my Rollins gamer/grail

Last night I was fortunate enough to win the Jimmy Rollins '09 World Series road jersey that was on MLB Auctions.

As some of you might have read on previous threads finding a legit Rollins jersey to add to my collection has been somewhat of a disappointment. I have bought and returned 3 different Rollins jerseys for different reasons in the last year or so and recently had someone with a photomatched '08 Rollins jersey decide not to sell. Well when his WS jersey popped up on MLB Auctions I told myself I had to get that one.

As far as I know this is the only Rollins WS jersey offered to the public. I know he donated his '08 home WS uniform to a local Philadelphia museum, http://www.phillychitchat.com/2010/0...t-donates.html and I assume he kept his road jersey or gave it to his family. I was told that he kept his '09 home WS jersey so that mean this is the only other one. I was also told that this is the same road jersey he wore during the second half of the season and all through the playoffs so in addition to being worn in the WS it was also game used for a good part of the season.

Being that he is from my hometown and the same high school this is definitely the centerpiece of my Alameda Sports collection. I can't wait to get it!

Re: I finally acquired my Rollins gamer/grail

Dewey,
    Great pickup. Can't wait to see pics..
    Roger Ward- Thomecollector
    thomecollector@verizon.net

Congrats Dewey! So your the one that put the high price on it haha..
    I was bidding a couple times there and then hit my "max" on what I wanted to pay for it.
    Glad it's going to someone on the board here and will enjoy/treasure it than some schmuck who's just going to put it on Ebay with a $50k price tag.

Can't wait to see some pics when you get it. Am interested in seeing how much/any dirt stain fading you can see on the front and the HK patch.

congrats....anxious to see photos..........world series gamers are awesome!!!!
    always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
    Thank you, Dale
    tigers1984@comcast.net

Quote Originally Posted by nickacs View Post
    Congrats Dewey! So your the one that put the high price on it haha..
    I was bidding a couple times there and then hit my "max" on what I wanted to pay for it.
    Glad it's going to someone on the board here and will enjoy/treasure it than some schmuck who's just going to put it on Ebay with a $50k price tag.

Can't wait to see some pics when you get it. Am interested in seeing how much/any dirt stain fading you can see on the front and the HK patch.
    Thanks! I checked the bidding after I saw your post last night and said to myself that damn nickacs from GUU bid the price up on me Just kidding but I was expecting the bidding to go higher then it did. I'm interested to see the wear as well and will post some pics after I get it.

The only thing that sucks is there are no good photos of Rollins in MLB's Photo Store or on AP Images. I wanted to get a photo to display with the jersey if possible.

There are plenty of images of Rollins in the World Series here:

http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Se...ype=image&ep=2

Todd

Very nice! I was outbid on the jersey pretty early on, so I am happy to see that it went to a fan!

I just got my first Rollins bat on Saturday - 2007 Max. It is Hammered, and was authenticated and graded A10 by PSA/DNA. Nowhere near the coolness of the jersey, but I can relate as I am big Rollins fan.

Congrats.
    looking for Phillies GU bats

Dewey, congrats. It's an awesome to finally find a grail item!!
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

WOW. Can't wait to see pics Dewey

Awesome, I was watching this on mlbauctions. I couldn't spend that much, my wife would have KILLED me. Nice piece to your collection.
    Boondocksaint:cool:

Always looking for J. Damon, M. Cameron and Orlando Cabrera game used items.:cool: