Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Whats your Unicorn/Holy Grail item?

Any Steve Spurrier or Danny Wuerffel game worn jersey. And, believe it or not, any Chris Doering gamer. Here's why Doering is my favorite Gator. He grew up in Gainesville and wanted to play for UF. An assistant coach told him he'd never play for UF, let alone any D-1 school. Well, 5 years later he left school as the SEC record holder for touchdown receptions. He's carved out a decent NFL career for 10 years (Colts, Broncos, Redskins, Steelers).

Mine would have to be my Andruw Jones signed game worn TBTC hat and Rafael Furcal signed game worn game-winning 11th inning home run cleats

I have 2:
    1989 Robin Yount game used bat that with Jim C.'s help I found out it was used in Robin's second MVP season. It is uncracked with perfect pine tar and use. I recently got it signed with a photo of Robin signing it.
    2002 Corey Dillon home game worn jersey. I photo matched it to Getty and three different cards due to the fact it has a particular striped pattern and is hemmed that shows perfectly to one of his cards. It shows awesome use.
    To me, being able to identify both and that I really enjoyed watching these two play makes them special to me. Thanks for listening.
    Scott

There are a few things but the top 2 i can think of now are a game used Manny Ramirez Red Sox jersey any year or an Arod Yankees or Mariners game used bat.I know they are out there but cost too much for me.Geoff

Mine would have to be a David Justice game used 1995 World Series jersey, preferably the home one.

Looking for a 1908 Ty Cobb Spalding store model bat and a 1924 Ray Schalk store model bat to complete a collection of 22 HOF'ers who appeared with names on Spalding baseball bats.

...Just ONE Jason Giambi batting glove!!I own 2 of his jerseys,5 bats,1 pair of game pants,a game used helmet,3 types of A's caps,a pair of cleats,and a game-used undershirt.......and yet,I CAN'T FIND ONE LOUSY BATTING GLOVE!

Joe

Cool topic, so I'll bite. I'm fortunate that after 8-9 years of collecting I do now have my grails in baseball, football and hockey. But what am I still wanting?
    -- Pete Maravich Atlanta Hawks GU jersey, or a Pistol Pete Celtics jersey (I could not afford one so its a moot point)
    -- Carl Yaz Red Sox GU home white button-up jersey (have to admit I am afraid I probably don't trust the hobby enough to buy one of these now)
    -- Larry Bird Celtics GU jersey (again, I have to admit I am afraid I probably don't trust the hobby enough to buy one of these now either)
    -- Paul Holmgren Philadelphia Flyers GU jersey, haven't heard of one offered in nine years of collecting.

Number9

Smile Re: Whats your Unicorn/Holy Grail item?

Of course, a game-used Ron Santo home or away jersey from his playing days with the Cubs...such a simple request....and a mega-difficult task to bring to fruition!!!

As a die-hard Denver Broncos collector with an affinity for members of the team's Ring of Fame, how about a 1960-'61 era game jersey of either safety Austin "Goose" Gonsoulin or end Lionel Taylor?

Regards,
    Patrick W. Scoggin
    Endzone Sports Charities
    www.EndzoneSportsCharities.org