Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Banned

Re: Your Jersey from School

I never played prep sports...one 1990s ballhawk gave my wife his high school baseball jersey. Unfortnately, the guy's become a really major suck-up tool as an adult, so I stuck it away somewhere, God only knows where. When/if I DO find it, it's being donated to the local Goodwill shop.

Dave M.
    Chicago area

Played HS hoops in Canada back in the mid 80s. In a hockey town, we were still wearing the hand me downs from the mid 70s. Brutal. Each player was issued a single jersey and pair of trunks. Only numbers on the jersey, not even a school name. No warmups of any kind.
    We all chipped in and secretly had our own uniforms designed. paid for them ourselves. Used the Atlanta Hawks as our inspiration. Hit the court for the layup line in our first game and the ref said they were illegal, due to some deal with primary and secondary color BS. And that was that.
    All that remains is the practice jersey we ordered with the uniforms.

I have my HS baseball jersey and my College jersey from the NAIA championship game.

Here's my collection of jerseys that I've played in over the years.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

CBCollector.com
    Collecting
    Chicago Bears game used/worn memorabilia.

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post
    I thought this was a good thread to revisit and to honor my alma mater, Winter Park High School in Winter Park, Florida. 2010 Florida class 6A State Basketball Champions! First State Championship in Boys Basketball in my school's history, led by Doc's son, Austin Rivers.
    Winter Park repeated as State Champs last night. Also, Austin was the number one ranked McDonald's All American. He is going to Duke in the fall.

Makes me wonder what and how many jerseys kids have these days? They all have gloves for every position, 3 bats each, their own batting helmet....most likely home, away, alternate, Sunday, and TBTC jerseys to boot. (OK, I'll admit that I'd be the 1st parent to fork over an extra $60 or so for my boys to have nice new jerseys).

What ever happened to the days of one jersey, mesh, screened, and reversible to cover home and away???

Congrats to your old skool BTPH! Duke or not, maybe when if he goes pro you will break down and buy a few jerseys from this century.

man this is a great thread. I have alot of my Pee Wee football stuff from 5th and 6th grades. We went Undefeated both years and all ended up playing for a Georgia Highschool State Championship in 97-98....what a great group it was.... this is my 6th grade Year.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

all my X- girlfriends/power sluts have them now.

Nice jerseys with game use, but I am sure they all smell slutty now.

What a great thread! I still have a bunch of jerseys from Little League and Senior League. High School didn't let us keep them. I also have a ton of my Jr. High, High School, and travel hockey jerseys.