Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Re: NBA All-Star Jerseys

I ended up getting the Gerald Wallace pro-cut jersey.

Very happy about that, I really wanted some sort of Wallace all-star item & this ended up being a very cheap alternative.
    Hopefully I can get in on the dunk jersey, should those go up.

Jerseys, shorts, shooting shirts... and Kevin Durant's socks from H.O.R.S.E. are up for auction now, although they're not through the MGG.

additional All Star Weekend Events jerseys and shorts have been listed for your consideration. good luck to all bidders.

the final price for Durant's socks was pretty incredible.

LMAO @ paying $400+ for a pair of socks.

Seems like Mr. exquisite613 has no plan to let go any of this year's Allstar items.

Banned

WOW! I've been watching this forum and the auction and all I can do is shake my head ...

Looks like he's not letting go of anything ....Exquisite613 is taking even the t-shirts and socks now. He used to leave these items for the middle income

I think what he is trying to do is control the market. The law of supply and demand.

Since he has invested so much in this hobby already, he wants to make sure that it will cost all fans and hobbyist ( I hope I spelled this right) so much just to own even just a t-shirt or a pair of socks.

If he takes each and every item there is in the auction, it will drive the supply very low, while driving the demand and the desire very high.

The only way to hopefully give us a chance one day of owning a Durant, a Kobe, a Lebron or a Wade jersey at a sane price is to not engage in a bidding war with him. Ignore the NBA auction for a while and let him win all the items for a very cheap price. DO NOT BID DAYS OR HOURS IN ADVANCE, because he comes in the last 5 minutes anyways to snatch the items from you.

If you think that you are punishing his wallet by engaging in a bidding war to jack-up the price ....you are wrong ... you are dead wrong. He is rich! PERIOD!

Until and unless Meigray and NBA Auction put a limit to the number of items an individual can take home (which I highly doubt) this will be the trend. None of you will ever get an All-Star jersey.

He has turned from simply an ultimate fan and collector into a rich businessman who is controlling the market.

Well, those of you who are also collecting in hopes of reselling later will not like this post and comment of mine, but it is what it is.

LAW OF SUPPLY AND DEMAND!!!

I was the one who put in a $400 bid for the socks, and was winning for like 10 seconds lol.

How does these things work? i put in a bid of $400 at around 10 seconds left, but they added another 5 minutes to the auction? huh?

Who is this exquisite guy? is he only after certain all-star gear etc or everything up for auction?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by drexler22 View Post
    I was the one who put in a $400 bid for the socks, and was winning for like 10 seconds lol.

How does these things work? i put in a bid of $400 at around 10 seconds left, but they added another 5 minutes to the auction? huh?

Who is this exquisite guy? is he only after certain all-star gear etc or everything up for auction?
    When someone bids with less than five minutes left another five minutes is automatically added to the clock. Unlike Ebay there is no sniping on NBA Auctions. Whether you bid with 4 minutes 59 seconds or 10 seconds left the result is the same 5 minutes gets put on the clock. Exquiste has a second ID on there jtnbafan and he buys up nearly all of the big name stuff that comes up for auction using those two ids. He won every allstar jersey this year and last. He also paid 35k for a Kobe finals jersey last year and bought many other Finals jerseys as well. He also bids on the other jerseys that hit. The only thing that will help other collectors is MEIgray adding more teams to its gu jersey program. Then more star jerseys will be on the market. They might not be allstar, finals, special event jerseys but they are better than the current alternative of nothing.

I'm curious to know what the mentality of bidders will be for the next set of All Star game used that concludes next week, will you even bother bidding since you already know jt will sweep them all or still give it a try and maybe get lucky?