Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Threaded View

Banned

Gary Sheffield - Possible photo match ??

I was browsing through John Taube's web site last week and noticed this 2005 Sheff bat. Nice bat a GU 10 rating, but I wasn't really interested. I thought the white ball marks might make it a easy to make a photo match.

A few days later I was looking through Getty images and noticed this photo from 10/1/05. I was surprised to see a similar pattern of marks on the bat. The photo is when Sheff hit a two run homer in the first inning. I found another photo that shows the ball mark just above the gray ring.

My next step was to find some video of this game on MLB.com. Found a link to the video of this game, but wouldn't play due to an error.

Sheff didn't use this model bat all year and the fact he wrote his year end stats on this bat makes me think this bat may have used toward the end of the year.

Anyway, it's a real rush when you find a game used item from a player you collect. Although this isn't conclusive, playing detective for a photo match...what a rush...it's addicting!
    Attached Images Attached Images