Quote Originally Posted by Bondsgloves View Post
Whats the deal with the coding. What should I be looking for. I have a pair of Jordan gamers from 97-98. I would appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Dan
klbaseball@aol.com
Dan,

As far as coding, I guess it depends on what series/year. I'm not very familiar with the older Jordans, but the later Jordans from 95-96 and on, all the player exclusive (meaning the one made for MJ) are coded differently that the retail version. I believe the 95-96 (Air Jordan XI) says FTPS somewhere on tag, the PS stands for player sample. Air Jordan XII (96-97) and Air Jordan XIII (97-98) does not have the FTPS, but the serial number is different from the retail version. If you look at your tag, the first row would say "Made in China" or "Made in Taiwan" the second row is the one you want to look at. The retail version always start with a year, month, and date of production followed by the factory code, I believe (i.e. 970709 Y3).

97 = year
07 = month
09 = date
Y3 = factories

As far as I know in the case of Air Jordan XIII (97-98), the retail version has the following coding:

970608 PC8
970709 PC8
970810 PC8 Taiwan
970709 Y3
970810 Y3 China

If you have way different coding, chances are you have a player exclusive meaning a pair made for MJ. Whether it has been worn or not is a different story. My code is: 339069 Y3.

You can go to www.air-jordans.com there are a lot of usefull information there.

I hope this helps.

Thanks!