Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

American Memorabilia Bo Jackson bat

The current Bo Jackson All Star game bat auction at American Memorabilia is not legit. I own the bat Bo used for both the All Star game and the Home Run Derby as well.

My authentic bat is NOT smoke damaged, doesn't have blue transfer marks but does have correct PINK transfer marks (as the All Star game ball from 1989 has pink ink), has the correct pine tar application and has been photo matched by several different pics and DVD video footage as well. The bat also has a very deep baseball stitch imprint from the massive force of Bo crushing the ball when he his the 1st inning 448 foot homerun.

The 1989 All Star MVP Bo Jackson bat is the finest item in my collection, and is NOT for sale!

I am a happy American Memorabilia customer having bought and sold with them multiple times, and I have notified them via email of this problem.

Re: American Memorabilia Bo Jackson bat

I'd love to see pics of your Bo Jackson bat- sounds amazing
    Eric

Does the 1989 Bo All Star Bat have "Louisville Slugger" in big letters on the backside of the barrell of the bat? Just wondering for my own sake.

Eric,
    I'm scared to post detailed pics of the bat that might encourage additional fakes! I have matched the bat to a Score baseball card, an autographed 8x10 photo of Bo at the 1989 All Star game, an AP press/wire photo, internet digital photo of Bo using the bat, and DVD footage.

sylbry,
    The reverse of the bat has "LOUISVILLE" in very large black block letters, but not "LOUISVILLE SLUGGER."

Apparently a number of replica's were made with the "LOUISVILLE" block letters, but they were the INCORRECT bat model number, which would make it difficult to fake.

I'd like to see how you get a blue transfer mark from this baseball?:
    Name:  89aspink.JPG
Views: 575
Size:  19.6 KB

Looks like John Taube and Vince Malta need to do some homework!

Have you tried contacing John or Vince at PSA bats? I think that would be the most efficient way to get a response...

What's with the smoke damage? The Mattingly bat also says it has smoke damage.

This is just a guess, bbut they probably have been hung in a sports bar at one time

Quote Originally Posted by BULBUS
    What's with the smoke damage? The Mattingly bat also says it has smoke damage.
    I was wondering about the same thing. I have seen a few bats with Grey Flannel which are referred to as "smoke damaged". I think one was a George Brett and also a Robin Yount. Must have been one hell of a fire.