Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: Adirondack Bat: Willie Mays_Little League

cjw: Thanks for your input. Actually I picked up these bats plus a few others because no one wanted them. I was hoping to make a profit so how much do you think the Frank Robinson and the BP bats will fetch for? Thoughts?

Re: LOUISVILLE SLUGGER: Pete Rose Vintage Baseball Bat

Thanks for your input, sox83clubs. So how much do you think this bat will fetch for? Anybody?

Re: LOUISVILLE SLUGGER: BIll Almon Vintage Baseball Bat

So can anyone suggest how much this one will fetch for?

P.S. Other than when no one wanted these bats, I had to spend a lot of money on these. I guess I was fooled, in some ways. So I'm looking to sell these, if at all. Or if anyone is interested?

Thanks though. My best bats, from what I have read on this forum, are the Frank Robinson, Bill Almon, and Chris Chambliss bats (which most have told me are game used).

Re: FRANK ROBINSON Game USED or Professional Model Bat?

Quote Originally Posted by dnrapp View Post
    If you are talking about the HOF Frank Robinson. There is one problem with the bat. It says Vanderbilt University on the bat and Frank Robinson went to Xavier.
    It doesn't matter. Frank wouldn't have had a signature model bat contract in college, so it would be worth nothing more if it said Xavier on it. Even in good condition, the bat would not sell for too much ... but in this poor condition, the bat is not worth much of anything
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Antonio D. View Post
    P.S. Other than when no one wanted these bats, I had to spend a lot of money on these. I guess I was fooled, in some ways. So I'm looking to sell these, if at all. Or if anyone is interested?

Thanks though. My best bats, from what I have read on this forum, are the Frank Robinson, Bill Almon, and Chris Chambliss bats (which most have told me are game used).
    I'm sorry to hear this. I've looked at your many threads in both the Vintage and Game Used sections of GUU. In the future, it would helpful to GUU readers if you would create just one thread and include all of the items within it. If you have a lot of photos, you can post a different items with their corresponding photos in separate posts within the same thread. That way, everyone will have a chance of following along.

Unfortunately, I don't think any of the bats will sell for much, if anything. They are not highly desireable bats to collectors and they are in very poor condition. I'm sorry the news isn't better. I hope that this helps.
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

sprotscentury: If that's the case then is it possible to sell this for at least $5.00-$15.00?

Otherwise, should we look into Frank Robinson's history a little bit more to determine whether he used a bat like this?

Thoughts anyone? I still think more research will be helpful. Although, Frank Robinson went to Xavier University, perhaps someone can shed light on whether or not he went to Vanderbilt?

Anyone?

sportscentury: Sorry about posting so many bats on this forum at once. I was hoping to get more responses if posting them separately.

Well, I'm still thinking these bats may be worth something. Perhaps they're not worth anything to you but maybe... just maybe to someone else out there.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

sportscentury: Sorry about posting so many bats on this forum at once. I was hoping to get more responses if posting them separately.

Well, I'm still thinking these bats may be worth something. Perhaps they're not worth anything to you but maybe... just maybe to someone else out there.

Keeping my fingers crossed.
    No need to apologize - I was just making a suggestion to make things easier on you and GUU readers. I think you would have gotten more responses if they were all listed in a single thread (and in the same forum).

I wasn't giving you an estimation of what they are worth to me. You asked several times for an estimation of what they are worth on the collecting market, so I gave it to you. I've collected vintage and modern day game used baseball bats for almost 20 years, so my estimatation involves a bit more than a shot-in-the-dark guess.

But hey, positive thinking, right? Go for it and let us know your results! I'd be delighted if you did well with them.

sprotscentury: If that's the case then is it possible to sell this for at least $5.00-$15.00?

Otherwise, should we look into Frank Robinson's history a little bit more to determine whether he used a bat like this?

Thoughts anyone? I still think more research will be helpful. Although, Frank Robinson went to Xavier University, perhaps someone can shed light on whether or not he went to Vanderbilt?

Anyone?
    Again, it would make no difference. He didn't use this bat.

Acceptance is the first step to recovery.