Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Any thoughts on this jersey???

1978 -1981 Mets Road Pullover Style (matched style through the HOFs 'dressed to the nines' uniform database)

Looks like a Goodman and Sons neck tag - waiting for more info from the owner - and as far as I know, Goodman never made 'store models', just professional unis.

The 8 matches up with Dan Norman who played for the Mets from '77(?) to '80.

Owner is asking $75. I'm not a Mets fan, but love Goodman jerseys and just another piece you don't see too often.

This is the pic the owner sent me. Just looking for thoughts - or possible interest.

- Chris

Re: Any thoughts on this jersey???

Checked the "dressed to the nines" section. Still never seen a Mets jersey like that. Wrong colors, no trim.

Also, Goodman made retail Dodgers jerseys.

Quote Originally Posted by both-teams-played-hard View Post
    Checked the "dressed to the nines" section. Still never seen a Mets jersey like that. Wrong colors, no trim.
    BTPH -

Bad resolution on the computer I was on - just rechecked... missed the trim.

Cap -

Didn't realize Goodman made 'retail' for the Dodgers, but makes sense being CA based and all.

Any chance you might give me your insight on the Williams/Yawkey Ball i listed in the autos section? I responded to your comment - I didn't intend to insult anyone by simply putting Sammy's name. Is there a rift between you two? I kind of gathered that by another comment someone else made there. I'm just wanting info on the ball.

Thanks!

- Chris

Sorry BTPH - for some reason I thought Capital Sports had posted on here... I really need to wake up this morning!!!

- Chris

BTPH -

Here's wht I just got back from the seller:

Its a size 40. Number in back is a larger blue 8. Label is McGoodman & Sons. Its the real deal.
    So, what do you make of it? Other than the trim, the only Mets style it matches is the 78-81 pullovers. A 'retail' Mets jersey?

Thanks for the other info!

All the best -

Chris

It may be a minor league or industrial league or some sort of junior league. Regardless of the unfamiliar style, the colors were never worn by the New York Mets.

Mets used this home from 78-82 and this road 78-81...I have never seen a Mets jersey that looked like that. Who is the seller if you do not mind me asking because there was a seller that had a quote Keith Hernandez gamer on ebay that came from the locker room.Only problem was the jersey looked like it was pieced together like this one..Here are pics of my Orosco home and my Zachary road..

Looking for Doug Flynn and Joel Youngblood items.NY Mets jerseys 78-82

Thanks Scott dcrules01@msn.com

Quote Originally Posted by dcrules01 View Post
    DC and BTPH -

Looks closer to the Road Grey above - but no orange trim. I learned something new about Goodman & Sons today! I have a Goodman Yankees (No name or numbers) that I bought a while back for like $10. Just a cool looking jersey:

DC, the seller is just a local guy on Craigslist. Not someone from here or eBay trying to get over on anyone.

All the best -

Chris

Rawlings did the 78-82 Mets gamers...Goodman and Sons I believe was 76-77 road and the 86 road and home. They also manufactured jerseys for the Astros,Dodgers and Angels. Look them up on the board there is a great thread..
    Looking for Doug Flynn and Joel Youngblood items.NY Mets jerseys 78-82

Thanks Scott dcrules01@msn.com