Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Re: Positive player reaction to seeing his GAMER

I am going to get Pudge Rodriguez to sign one of his bats when he comes to my area next month. It is the first signing he has ever done in New York and I have always wanted to meet him. I normally do not get gamers signed but this one I got cheap off Ebay and I have no interest in nongame used signed items anymore so I will get it signed and see if I can talk him into adding a g/u inscription for free. I will let you all know how it goes and post pics on here if I can figure out how.

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    I am going to get Pudge Rodriguez to sign one of his bats when he comes to my area next month. It is the first signing he has ever done in New York and I have always wanted to meet him. I normally do not get gamers signed but this one I got cheap off Ebay and I have no interest in nongame used signed items anymore so I will get it signed and see if I can talk him into adding a g/u inscription for free. I will let you all know how it goes and post pics on here if I can figure out how.

Hi Justin,
    this is Jim. Saw your posting and figured this might be a good way to contact you. I am ready to go on the Revis and simply would ask you to reply to me email with your preferred method of payment. Thanks buddy.

During the annual expos softball game to fight A.L.S a couple of years ago, I had Warren Cromartie sign his game used bat.He tuned to Steve Rogers and told him how the bat was his smiled and took a couple of swings! I had Bill Gullickson sign his expo rookie jersey and he told Cromartie that he couldnt believe he used to fit in it! Its ridiculous but I was as giddy as a 5 yr old!

I had a slightly unnerving reaction to a gamer once:

Last year I brought a Warrick Dunn 2000 season gamer to a local signing here in Tampa. Upon seeing it, Warrick realized it was one of his game jerseys and said, "This is real?". I replied, "Yes, it was one of yours". To which he replied, "Did you steal this from my house"? I scrambled for the printed copy of the auction listing and my receipt from the sale, (which I had with me in a notebook), and showed them to him. He inspected both papers, looked up at me and said, "I was just kidding, man", smiled and signed the jersey.
    He had me a little freaked for a second.

Forgot to include the pics:

I forgot to mention that he was disappointed that I only paid $400 for his jersey.

"Is that all this was worth"?

Quote Originally Posted by 34swtns View Post
    I forgot to mention that he was disappointed that I only paid $400 for his jersey.

"Is that all this was worth"?
    that photo of Dunn checking out the COA is priceless. great story.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Yeah,for a guy who said he was "just kidding".He sure is looking over that coa.
    Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    that photo of Dunn checking out the COA is priceless. great story.

Love the Dunn story. And you got a great deal on that jersey, congrats.
    Ryan

NFL game used collector

Today at Phoenix Muni Athletics vs the Brewers. I had a Jonathan LuCroy bat that I got during Arizona Fall League last season and I took it out for him to sign it and he grabbed it and said "oh man thats my baby right there" showed a coach the bat also who remarked how great a shattered bat was. He then told me that he like like 3 or 4 home runs with that bat and signed it for me (he had given the bat to me after an Arizona Fall League game)