Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

what happened to the Taube Boggs bat thread?

There was a thread discussing the bat characteristics of the Boggs bat on Taube's website and now it seems to be gone? It did not come up in my search and seems to be gone. Anybody know what happened?

Re: what happened to the Taube Boggs bat thread?

I was looking for it too.

Not sure - but it was looking to be interesting. I did some research and visited HOF bats...and the knob # looked OK to me. Seemed like it was relevant. Was curious as to the verdit...
    Dave
    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
    River City Redbird Authentics
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Unhappy Re: what happened to the Taube Boggs bat thread?

I assume it was deleted, although I'm unsure why... I tried very hard to write the points respectfully and conform to this forum rule:

"In instances where a forum member is identifying an item in the hobby they believe to have issues, the poster should clearly state their findings in the form of an opinion and provide adequate rationale for why they believe there is an issue. When possible, we recommend that the poster questioning an item attempt to contact the seller of the item and allow at least 24 hours for the seller to reply before posting. This will prevent postings that may be generated based on misunderstandings of an item."

I didn't email Taube, but that is phrased as a "recommendation" and frankly, didn't want to waste his time first without having opinions of others to back it up (it's why I posted).

Quote Originally Posted by emann View Post
    I assume it was deleted, although I'm unsure why... I tried very hard to write the points respectfully and conform to this forum rule:

"In instances where a forum member is identifying an item in the hobby they believe to have issues, the poster should clearly state their findings in the form of an opinion and provide adequate rationale for why they believe there is an issue. When possible, we recommend that the poster questioning an item attempt to contact the seller of the item and allow at least 24 hours for the seller to reply before posting. This will prevent postings that may be generated based on misunderstandings of an item."

I didn't email Taube, but that is phrased as a "recommendation" and frankly, didn't want to waste his time first without having opinions of others to back it up (it's why I posted).
    Gentlemen,

My concern came from a response that brought up of another bat of John Taube that is on Ebay. I will undelete the thread but will delete the post about the other bat. Please focus the discussion on the bat being asked.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    Gentlemen,

My concern came from a response that brought up of another bat of John Taube that is on Ebay. I will undelete the post but will delete the post about the other bat. Please focus the discussion on the bat being asked.
    My apologies.... I made a seperate post to discuss the other bat in question. I thought because it related to the same authenticator and similar uncharacteristic features it would go well with the discussion.