Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Smile Re: Game worn 1984 Dodgers F. VALENZUELA road jersey

Hi guys! Check this out!!!

http://whatsitworthtoyou.com/index.c...item_id=203667

http://s772.photobucket.com/albums/y...gers%20Gamers/

The size 43 issue was given light by Zanebats-a respected Dodger gamer collector and Ebay seller. Probably, he's a member here too.....He said that the size 43 was fine. He checked it with several people.....

Thanks a lot!!!!!

Re: Game worn 1984 Dodgers F. VALENZUELA road jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Kabron1971 View Post

The size 43 issue was given light by Zanebats-a respected Dodger gamer collector and Ebay seller. Probably, he's a member here too.....He said that the size 43 was fine. He checked it with several people.....

Thanks a lot!!!!!
    The appraisal says:
    The expert, Mickey Treat, is of the opinion that this item IS PROBABLY authentic.

That is what everyone here said. The problem is as TNT found out that G&S produced several jerseys of star players that would fit that description. It is definitely "authentic" no one questioned that. The issue is that there is no way to really prove it is game used or even game issued to Valenzuela. I emailed the seller about the use of his jerseys and he stated that he used to wear them. The Hernandez had stains from a party that he attended. How can you photomatch a jersey for use on the field when some guy has been wearing them for 20 years and getting stains on them at parties?? How can any G&S jersey ever really be "authenticated" as game used unless the player itself is somehow linked to the jersey?? (That also goes for any jersey not just G&S.) I'm not trying to piss on on your Cherios, I am just pointing out the concerns people on this board had with the seller and his jerseys. If that "opinion" made you feel better, you need to think again.

Quote Originally Posted by jtorrez View Post
    The appraisal says:
    The expert, Mickey Treat, is of the opinion that this item IS PROBABLY authentic.

That is what everyone here said. The problem is as TNT found out that G&S produced several jerseys of star players that would fit that description. It is definitely "authentic" no one questioned that. The issue is that there is no way to really prove it is game used or even game issued to Valenzuela. I emailed the seller about the use of his jerseys and he stated that he used to wear them. The Hernandez had stains from a party that he attended. How can you photomatch a jersey for use on the field when some guy has been wearing them for 20 years and getting stains on them at parties?? How can any G&S jersey ever really be "authenticated" as game used unless the player itself is somehow linked to the jersey?? (That also goes for any jersey not just G&S.) I'm not trying to piss on on your Cherios, I am just pointing out the concerns people on this board had with the seller and his jerseys. If that "opinion" made you feel better, you need to think again.
    Come on Buddy, I will not be a hypocrite. But it indeed made me feel better. You already said it by yourself, that there's no way to prove that this is a gamer or not. Unless you contact the former Equipment Manager of the LA Dodgers in the 80's Mr. Nobe Kawano. The Goodman & Sons mass produced stuffs wasn't even proven too. Now, let me ask you? If you are in my position, wouldn't that make you feel good too?

Try to observe the Steve Garvey that is for auction at Huggins and Scott.com

http://www.hugginsandscott.com/cgi-b...=233&lotno=217

Please observe the tags???? Isn't that this tag is for Goodman and Sons 1985 and up to 1990's? Steve Garvey left the Dodgers in 1983. Yet it has an LOA that it's a 1982 GAmer. So you are right, that it is quite impossible to know if it was indeed game worn or issued.....

As for the case of the Valenzuela....you will never find anything like this anymore. Now, come to think of it, if and ever El Toro enters the HOF, or if ever he signs this jersey with a picture of him actually signing it, that's another story buddy..

I will definitely send this to a respected Authenticator to look on this matter....Thanks buddy.

If you are still interested in doing some digging...
    Vintage Authentics sold a Fernando Valenzuela 1984 Game Used Jersey GU8.5 in their July 2007 auction (it went for 1000 and change)

I tried to dig up the auction listing but didnt have any luck...I remember because I was bidding on it...and if memory serves, i think it was a size 43?!?

If you still want to check it out still, I would try emailing V.A., Im sure they will send you a pic of the original listing.

I believe the V.A. was for a home jersey, but perhaps you can take SOME things away from it...same year if nothing else.

ant

Quote Originally Posted by Kabron1971 View Post

Thanks a lot!!!!!
    Umm, this was appraised/authenticated by a Pinball machine expert? Hmm.
    Rob L
    loefflerrd@cox.net

Always On the Look Out for Troy Percival & Randy Johnson Gamers

Rob L's Baseball Memorabilia website: GU Troy Percival, GU Randy Johnson, GU Angels, GU Baseball, 19th Century Baseball and Autographs. Also a huge Game Used Resource page and Game Used Collectors Page: www.loefflerrd.webs.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rob L View Post
    Umm, this was appraised/authenticated by a Pinball machine expert? Hmm.
    Yes, you got it; his expertise is coin operated machines and juke boxes.
    The authenticator was not only completely out of his field of expertise with this item, but managed to authenticate it by photos of it only.

No idea why he's looking at game used jerseys, but he most certainly gave himself an out by stating that it's "probably authentic" in caps.

Next to "Provenance", he indicates "No idea."

And my personal favorite is where he stated "it would help if you have a reputable dealer look at this in person."
    Looking for ...
    Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
    Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
    Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

Smile Re: Game worn 1984 Dodgers F. VALENZUELA road jersey

Quote Originally Posted by apfriz View Post
    If you are still interested in doing some digging...
    Vintage Authentics sold a Fernando Valenzuela 1984 Game Used Jersey GU8.5 in their July 2007 auction (it went for 1000 and change)

I tried to dig up the auction listing but didnt have any luck...I remember because I was bidding on it...and if memory serves, i think it was a size 43?!?

If you still want to check it out still, I would try emailing V.A., Im sure they will send you a pic of the original listing.

I believe the V.A. was for a home jersey, but perhaps you can take SOME things away from it...same year if nothing else.

ant
    THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Cool Re: Game worn 1984 Dodgers F. VALENZUELA road jersey

Quote Originally Posted by TNTtoys View Post
    Yes, you got it; his expertise is coin operated machines and juke boxes.
    The authenticator was not only completely out of his field of expertise with this item, but managed to authenticate it by photos of it only.

No idea why he's looking at game used jerseys, but he most certainly gave himself an out by stating that it's "probably authentic" in caps.

Next to "Provenance", he indicates "No idea."

And my personal favorite is where he stated "it would help if you have a reputable dealer look at this in person."
    WOW!!! The experts are smiling.....