Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jon_8_us
    • May 2006

Opinions on Deadwood

Just wondering what the thoughts out there concerning deadwood on a bat are.My favorite bat is absolutely pounded on the barrell above the name and as a result there is deadwood(the black finish still intact).Does this affect value?The way i see it is this is a sign of some serious game use.Thoughts?
    jon
    Always looking for Manny Ramirez game used items
  • suave1477
    Banned
    • Jan 2006

Re: Opinions on Deadwood

Jon im glad you brought that up for some reason I have noticed a lot if not most collectors do not like deadwood as for me I love it for the same reason you do it shows the player really used the bat a lot.

The only reason I can think that people might not like it is bcuz it takes away from the look of the bat, but really I don't know.
    Just a thought!!!

Comment

• jon_8_us
      • May 2006

I can understand if there is major grain separation it taking away from the overall look but a lot of deadwood bats are not that bad.All the deadwood seems to be is many many deep seam impressions.
      jon
      Always looking for Manny Ramirez game used items

Comment

• metsbats
        • Nov 2005

I agree w/ Jason. I love deadwood on GU bats. Its a great indicator of game used as the bat was continually pounded in the same spot!

-David
        metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Comment

Working...