Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: MLB Authentication getting specific I LIKE!!

Quote Originally Posted by TFig27 View Post
    I like them specific! They were pretty specific on my Varitek bat. Not bad when you can get Jeter and Mo in on the action!

Wow. No wonder Jason think they are doing a better job. The authenticators at Yankee Stadium a top notch describers compared to Los Angeles, San Diego, Chicago or Colorado. And your example is a 2008 bat. I like how the authenticator in Los Angeles says Blake uses a "ARUCCI" bat.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Quote Originally Posted by TFig27 View Post
    I like them specific! They were pretty specific on my Varitek bat. Not bad when you can get Jeter and Mo in on the action!

WOW. That is like a ridiculous amount of information about the bat

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    Well I think the first question to ask is when was the bat from? 2009? 2008? 2007? etc.....
    The Helton bat was from August 2009. It was authenticated in San Francisco.

It would be very interesting if we could get an authenticater to answer some questions & see how its done. Let me first say its a great program & were lucky to have this in baseball. Like any program, there is human error involved...I could show examples of this, psa, steiner..etc...all where human error was made is authenticating items. I think this MLB authentic program is still evolving. On one hand, maybe the authenticater has access to only so much info at the time of authenticating...he should never assume anything. Are all the items gathered & brought to him at the end of a game, or is he collecting the items as the game progresses??
    Heres a couple examples, both in Detroit, but the LATER one has less information...different authenticaters? different info provided to them??
    I think us on the forum, we are the exceptions most of the time, we are "captain technicals" when it comes to our items & the history. I think we all love this forum because its the only place where we can learn from others about our hobby. Most places we go to buy items, we know more than the seller, its their job, not their passion like it is for us. (sorrY I rambled on...)

Hologram number LH718981 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under GAME-USED BAT.
    Session Product Description:
    Session Name: TB AT DET
    Session Date: August 31, 2009
    Autographer:
    Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.
    Additional Information: MARCUS THAMES'. TAMPA @ DETROIT

Hologram number LH718805 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under GAME-USED BROKEN BAT.
    Session Name: KC AT DET
    Session Date: August 16, 2009
    Autographer:
    Additional Information: DETROIT TIGERS CARLOS GUILLEN BROKEN BAT USED TO HIT A DOUBLE OFF A PITCH BY KYLE DAVIES IN THE BOTTOM OF THE 6TH INNING
    always looking for Detroit Tiger world series player bats......game used 2006 & 2012 world series items....Quintin Berry bats....also interested in Ivan Rodriguez bats...
    Thank you, Dale
    tigers1984@comcast.net

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by joelsabi View Post
    Hi Jason,

I just looked up 2009 bat with MLB holograms on Ebay for examples. Not many but you can figure out what other bats are out there with successive records. Here are three teams from 2009: Dodger, Padres, and the Rockies. Notice the nice detail on the Dodger and Padres bat and then look at the brief description of the Rockies bats. The bats from the Dodgers and the Padres were documented earlier than the Rockies bats too. Also notice how the Dodger are the only ones who mention the inning the bat was broken.

Dodgers

Hologram number BB852712 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under GAME-USED BROKEN BAT.
    Session Name: LAD AT SD
    Session Date: April 06, 2009
    Autographer:
    Additional Information: T/4 KEMP-1 PIECE LOUIEVILLE C271

Hologram number BB852711 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under GAME-USED BROKEN BAT.
    Autographer:
    Additional Information: B/2 BLANCO-MAPLE M9 C243-HANDLE

Hologram number BB852710 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under GAME-USED BROKEN BAT.
    Autographer:
    Additional Information: B/2 BLANCO-MAPLE M9 C243-BARREL

Hologram number LH149628 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under GAME-USED BROKEN BAT.
    Session Name: OAK AT LAD
    Session Date: June 17, 2009
    Autographer:
    Additional Information: BOT 4TH CAHILL PITCHING TO BLAKE - ARUCCI JG25-A PRO MODEL CASEY BLAKE

Padres

Hologram number LH276009 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under GAME-USED BROKEN BAT.
    Session Name: SD AT CHC
    Session Date: May 12, 2009
    Autographer:
    Additional Information: SAN DIEGO PADRE KEVIN KOUZMANOFF MODEL PP MAPLE BARREL

Hologram number LH276010 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under GAME-USED BROKEN BAT.
    Autographer:
    Additional Information: SAN DIEGO PADRE KEVIN KOUZMANOFF MODEL PP MAPLE HANDLE

Hologram number LH276011 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under GAME-USED BROKEN BAT.
    Autographer:
    Additional Information: SAN DIEGO PADRE CHASE HEADLEY LOUISVILLE SLUGGER GENUINE H285

Hologram number LH276012 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under GAME-USED BROKEN BAT.
    Autographer:
    Additional Information: SAN DIEGO PADRE KEVIN KOUZMANOFF MODEL PP MAPLE

Rockies

Hologram number LH274686 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under GAME-USED BROKEN BAT.
    Session Name: CHC AT COL
    Session Date: August 10, 2009
    Autographer:
    Additional Information: ROCKIES HELTON

Hologram number LH274687 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under GAME-USED BROKEN BAT.
    Autographer:
    Additional Information: ROCKIES ATKINS

Hologram number LH274688 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under GAME-USED BROKEN BAT.
    Autographer:
    Additional Information: ROCKIES TORREALBA

Joelsabi exactly that proves my point.

The Rockies bats could of just been collected on that date doesn't mean it was actually used on that specific date which of course then no details would be able to be provided.

Quote Originally Posted by suave1477 View Post
    The Rockies bats could of just been collected on that date doesn't mean it was actually used on that specific date which of course then no details would be able to be provided.
    You're correct that there's nothing that proves that the named player did not use the bat. However, I would want the authentication to validate that he did use the bat. In the case of the Helton bat, MLB said "... the bat was a Todd Helton model bat. They had no list of who used it."