Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Banned

Re: Why is LeBron getting so much hate?

Quote Originally Posted by sox83cubs84 View Post
    The NBA has bigger divas than Hollywood!

Dave Miedema
    I actually find it really funny. Everyone gives this so much attention, in other sports guys change teams constantly. Cliff Lee one of best arms in MLB has been on four teams since 2008, with a fifth to come in 2011 possibly. Arod has been on three teams, Griffey was on four and on and on.

The NBA has had superteams for years. Bird had McHale, Parrish, Johnson, Archibald, McAdoo and Walton as Teamates. Magic had Worthy and Abdul Jabbar. Jordan had Pippen and Rodman. The Pistons had Thomas, Dumars and Rodman. The 70s Knicks had Monroe, Frazier, Reed, Dave D., Lucas and Bradley. The 60s Celts had Bill Russell, Havlicheck, Cousy, Cowens, Henishon, Sharman and Sam Jones. Robertson changed teams to team up with Kareem. Wilt changed teams to team with West and Baylor. This Bosh, Wade and James team is no different and is actually inferior to many of those teams.

The NBA has had superteams for years. Bird had McHale, Parrish, Johnson, Archibald, McAdoo and Walton as Teamates. Magic had Worthy and Abdul Jabbar. Jordan had Pippen and Rodman. The Pistons had Thomas, Dumars and Rodman. The 70s Knicks had Monroe, Frazier, Reed, Dave D., Lucas and Bradley. The 60s Celts had Bill Russell, Havlicheck, Cousy, Cowens, Henishon, Sharman and Sam Jones. Robertson changed teams to team up with Kareem. Wilt changed teams to team with West and Baylor. This Bosh, Wade and James team is no different and is actually inferior to many of those teams.
    My head is starting to hurt. You do realize a good portion of the players listed above were drafted by the team, right?

Go thru each NBA season and list the top 3 players from that year. Then make a list of instances where one of those top 3 players went to a team that included one of the other two.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by otismalibu View Post
    My head is starting to hurt. You do realize a good portion of the players listed above were drafted by the team, right?

Go thru each NBA season and list the top 3 players from that year. Then make a list of instances where one of those top 3 players went to a team that included one of the other two.
    1. Back in the day the league had many less teams and no salary cap so teams were able to stockpile good players via the draft and keep them.

2. Free agency is a relatively new thing so many of the players I listed did not have the right to pick and choose teams.

3. Wade is not a top three player. He is not the 2006 version anymore. Kobe, Howard, Durant, Lebron are defintely superior. In no particular order guys like Garnett (when healthy), Duncan, Dirk, Nash, Derrick Rose, Carmelo and Chris Paul are arguably equal or superior players. While defintely top ten top three is a reach.In history similar moves are Moses Malone going to Philly and helping your man Dr. J. get his ring. Robertson going to play with Kareem and Wilt joining Baylor and West. All of those players were top ten players joining other top ten players.

Originally I opposed the move but after thinking about it I have no problem with it.

Wade is not a top three player. He is not the 2006 version anymore. Kobe, Howard, Durant, Lebron are defintely superior.
    I'll admit I don't keep up much with hoops anymore. But if he's healthy. I'd still put Wade in the top 3 with Bryant & James. He's not even 30 yet. Howard has to be one of the most overrated players I've seen. Haven't seen much of Durant, but he looks good. Still young.

Moses going to the Sixers was in the ballpark. Erving MVP in '81, Malone MVP in '82, teamed up in '83 where Malone was MVP again. No Bosh-like addition to that team and Doc was 4 years older than Wade and on the downside of his career. One ring and done for that team.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by otismalibu View Post
    I'll admit I don't keep up much with hoops anymore. But if he's healthy. I'd still put Wade in the top 3 with Bryant & James. He's not even 30 yet. Howard has to be one of the most overrated players I've seen. Haven't seen much of Durant, but he looks good. Still young.

Moses going to the Sixers was in the ballpark. Erving MVP in '81, Malone MVP in '82, teamed up in '83 where Malone was MVP again. No Bosh-like addition to that team and Doc was 4 years older than Wade and on the downside of his career. One ring and done for that team.
    There is no guarentee the Heat will even get one, the Lakers, Magic and Celts are tough, very deep teams. What I like about it is it creates a buzz around the NBA that there has not been in awhile and it will lure more fans into the game and create an attraction that fans clamor to see when it comes to town, even if it is to boo them as a villian team like they do to the Yankees in alot of cities.

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    There is no guarentee the Heat will even get one, the Lakers, Magic and Celts are tough, very deep teams. What I like about it is it creates a buzz around the NBA that there has not been in awhile and it will lure more fans into the game and create an attraction that fans clamor to see when it comes to town, even if it is to boo them as a villian team like they do to the Yankees in alot of cities.
    The three teams you mention have size and strength. As the saying goes "you can't teach height" and I don't see much height on the Heat yet. Before the Heats worry about the Lakers they need to worry about the Magics in their own division and the Celtics in their own conference.

The Lakers are quietly improving depth to their team. Steve Blake to alleviate some pressure off Fisher. Matt Barnes as a backup to give Artest and Kobe some rest. Theo Ratliff gives them another big man with defensive skills. I wont mention the two young forwards who received good reviews at the Summer League -- Ebanks and Characters. I am looking forward to the upcoming season. Just need Bynam and Odom both healthy by playoff time.
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

What do you guys think of Chris Paul demanding a trade? Unlike Lebron he has TWO YEARS left on his deal. He wants to go to the Magic where he can join Dwight Howard to form the league's best big man-point guard combo with the league's strongest supporting cast even if they have to trade Nelson and another player or two and some picks for him. Championships likely would follow and the Hornets the only team he ever played for would be left with one of the league's worst rosters.
    A guy with five years in (in a league that isn't the NFL) demanding a trade because the team isn't as successful as he would have hoped by now.

Screw him too.
    Looking for Duane Kuiper home run baseballs

Saw the following attributed to Kevin Garnett: He has stated that you can't get back youth and he regrets being as loyal to the Twolves as he was and if he could do it over he would have forced his way out years before he finally did.
    The end result with Garnett is this.

- He made as much cash as he could have by staying with Minnesota
    - His career was going to be declining at this point anyway
    - By staying in Minnesota through lean times, then being moved and winning a championship, the perception of Garnett and his overall image is substantially more positive than it would have been if he'd pulled a LeBron Modell
    Looking for Duane Kuiper home run baseballs

I thought it was a players right to choose their new team during free agency? Players from all sports demand trades and go to new teams and it has never been a big problem like this. I think people need to let the man do his job and lighten up. The Cavs owner Dan Gilbert acted like a child and led a campaign of negativity against LeBron. It's a business and LeBron made a business decision. Imagine if you were hated by the entire universe because you picked a new job in another state????? People are so critical of others. The world would be a better place if people held themselves to the same standards expected of others. Raise your hand if you've divorced a wife? lol.

LeBron could have saved the "Talents to South Beach" press conference and he should have spoke to his teammates and the owner of the Cavs first, but just because he makes hundreds of millions and is a great ball player doesnt mean that he is always going to make wise decisions off the court.

P.S. As for as the finals....... You haters got under his skin and he choked. He is human after all. Is that so bad?