Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steiner Offers

Banned

Re: Steiner Offers

Quote Originally Posted by kellsox View Post
    Then why run the promotion? Not questioning Steiner as a company as I have aquired many nice item in my collection from them. I am questioning the process in which the program was run. From the time I submitted the offer to the time I was sent an invoice 15 days had passed. Within that time, a counteroffer was sent to me and accepted the same day. Things worked out for some, but others are left disappointed after the process was strung out then offered different items(or told to wait until similar items arrive- if they ever do)
    This is a suggestion for Chris that would alleviate both this and the nonpayment problem. Have each person submit a valid credit card number and once a deal is agreed to immediately process the card.

Then why run the promotion? Not questioning Steiner as a company as I have aquired many nice item in my collection from them. I am questioning the process in which the program was run. From the time I submitted the offer to the time I was sent an invoice 15 days had passed. Within that time, a counteroffer was sent to me and accepted the same day. Things worked out for some, but others are left disappointed after the process was strung out then offered different items(or told to wait until similar items arrive- if they ever do)
    Kelly,

I certainly apologize that the item was sold and we have explained that the process was actually clarified during the program and we will make sure to try to communicate things going forward. However, at the same time, your comments above do not accurately reflect the entire picture.

Actually, you initially made offers two different bats and neither offer was accepted. Steiner then made counter offers on both. We communicated the counter offers and you proceeded to accepted one and while asking additional questions about the second one (specifically, you requested pictures of the second bat because it was not listed on the Steiner site). We tried to fulfill your request and it took a little time to get a response from Steiner on the second item because they had to manually try to pull the item to get the pictures. Notably, they are a very big company with a large inventory and yet they tried to fulfill your request despite it not being a big ticket item. I think that says a little something about how they were trying to accommodate everyone's requests during the program. On our end, we planned to send out one invoice for both items. That was the reason an invoice was not issued right away. We were actually trying to get the information you requested at the time. Not to mention, at that time, we also dealing with the numerous other offers that were being submitting during the course of the program.

To be clear, as I have stated previously, the process of not holding or reserving items was clarified as we ran the program and was not something I personally understood at the beginning. For that I give you my sincere apology. However, the way you make things sound is not entirely accurate either as it doesn't reflect the entire situation. During that 15 day period, your initial offers were not accepted, counter offers were presented to you, you accepted one item and asked for more information on the other item, the information you requested was attempted to be ascertained for you (which took a little time to get since Steiner had to try to manually pull the item to try to get you the information you requested) and then, once everything was determined, an invoice was issued. As such, simply saying it took 15 days to get an invoice is not really a complete and accurate representation of the situation.

Again, I personally apologize for not being clear about the protocols of reserving items. It was different than I thought and I clearly misunderstood how Steiner handles these things. In fact, it took the situation occurring for me to fully understand the process and I will take the blame for not understanding. Steiner has their policies and I wasn't clear as to how they worked. However, at the same time, please don't provide only partial information in your posts in an attempt to try to project some form of negligence in the process. We had to handle a great number of offers, counter offers, subsequent requests for information, etc and we tried to handle things as quickly and efficiently as possible. We also learned about the reserving of the items in the process. While I certainly will take responsibility for not being totally aware of the situation, I also don't think it is fair for you to paint a picture that doesn't totally reflect the entirely of the situation either.

Again, you have my personal apology for not getting the Scutaro bat. In fact, if you are interested, I will see what I can do to find you another one. I don't think that would be too monumental a task and I will be happy to try to get one for you at your offer price if you are interested.

Sincerely,
    Chris
    Christopher Cavalier
    Consignment Director - Heritage Auctions

Chris-
    Sorry if my initial portrayal of the situation didn't paint the whole picture- I was just frustrated by the process.

Here is the timeline to clarify:
    6/15 offer sent
    6/22 counter offers sent to me
    15 min later I accepted 1 offer and asked for further info on the other item.
    6/23 - No info on the other item- I asked if I should proceed on the Scutaro- told to wait on other item
    6/24- other item not avail- invoice to be sent to me "shortly"
    6/30- invoice sent
    7/1- told item was not avail

I hope this gives clarity to my earlier posts.
    Thanks for the offer of obtaining the bat- no need to do that, it's not really about the bat but more about the way things were run. It was a great opportunity given to forum members that didn't go the way I thought it would.

Chris-
    Sorry if my initial portrayal of the situation didn't paint the whole picture- I was just frustrated by the process.

Here is the timeline to clarify:
    6/15 offer sent
    6/22 counter offers sent to me
    15 min later I accepted 1 offer and asked for further info on the other item.
    6/23 - No info on the other item- I asked if I should proceed on the Scutaro- told to wait on other item
    6/24- other item not avail- invoice to be sent to me "shortly"
    6/30- invoice sent
    7/1- told item was not avail

I hope this gives clarity to my earlier posts.
    Thanks for the offer of obtaining the bat- no need to do that, it's not really about the bat but more about the way things were run. It was a great opportunity given to forum members that didn't go the way I thought it would.
    Kelly,

No need to keep going around on this. The email on the 24th included the statement "The shipping will basically be $10 and payment can be made directly to Steiner." Again, if either of us knew there was the potential for the item to be sold, we obviously both would have responded differently.

As I mentioned earlier, I will be happy to find you a Scutaro bat at the price you offered if you like. Otherwise, I hope you understand there was never any intent to have you miss out on an item you were ready to buy. It was simply a matter of there being a great deal of offers and we were trying to manage the process in waves given the number of offers, counter offers, requests for information, etc. If we weren't interested in trying to help members get items at below asking prices we would have never run the program in the first place.

Sincerely,
    Chris
    Christopher Cavalier

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    Steiner is a first rate company. They actually gave him free Yankee tickets out of the blue for tommorrow's game for buying the Mariano jersey from them. They are also always nice enough to confirm holograms and coas purported to be theirs on other auction sites. You can't blame them for selling stuff that was offered on. Look at how many people are on the wall of shame for not paying for the JO promotion, they have a ready, willing and able buyer why pass that up?
    Hey Justin,

I traded emails with Efrain this morning and he said he left you a message yesterday. Would you be able to give him a call?

Thanks,
    Chris
    Christopher Cavalier

Sorry to dig up an old thread, just want to give another positive rep to Efrain Reyes. Very easy to deal with. Ereyes@steinersports.com . Helped me out purchasing a piece of Yankee Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by kobak8 View Post
    Sorry to dig up an old thread, just want to give another positive rep to Efrain Reyes. Very easy to deal with. Ereyes@steinersports.com . Helped me out purchasing a piece of Yankee Stadium.

Efrain is simply the best no questions asked, Steiner has a great asset over there.