Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Re: Pink Bats 2010

I think most players only used them for one AB is to prevent them from breaking since most players have two. One gets auctioned, sometimes both and the other the player can keep (as what Chris Coghlan is doing to give to his mom. In FCats's first swing yesterday he cracked his pink bat and was given another. Whether the second one was his or not I'm not sure. The real neat part of the game was Pablo Sandoval's pink glove, but only wore it for one inning since he played first up until that point.

Quote Originally Posted by BMH View Post
    All pink bats are given to the players by the bat companies. We eat the cost so all profits can go to charity.
    Brian - That is a great thing LVS and the other companies do, but also many thanks to the players that happily participate.

Adam Dunn with the Nats got 3 hits with his pink bat and his Mother was in attendence, and said maybe Adam should stick with the pink bat for more games.

This year this Komen for the Cure tradition on Mother's Day had a personal special meaning to my family as last June my wife was diagnosed and beat it and unfortunately now my Mother-in-Law goes into surgery on Thursday in a more advanced case.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

All pink bats are given to the players by the bat companies. We eat the cost so all profits can go to charity.

Brian-

Is there any actual difference between the pink bats and the ones each players uses on an every day basis? As you've probably seen & heard, most players will only use them for an at-bat or two, then go back to their normal bat. They do it as if it's completely different than their regular bat, as if the weight is off or something and they only want to do it really quick for charity. In my mind I'm thinking everything is to the exact specifics for the players as every other bat they order, except the bat is painted pink. Does the color really bother them or something?

Re: Pink Bats Return

Save the TaTa's. Buy Pink Bats!
    Thank you,
    David

This is my email address here!
    dzscope at gmail dot com

Email is best for personal messages...

Quote Originally Posted by kylehess10 View Post
    Brian-

Is there any actual difference between the pink bats and the ones each players uses on an every day basis? As you've probably seen & heard, most players will only use them for an at-bat or two, then go back to their normal bat. They do it as if it's completely different than their regular bat, as if the weight is off or something and they only want to do it really quick for charity. In my mind I'm thinking everything is to the exact specifics for the players as every other bat they order, except the bat is painted pink. Does the color really bother them or something?

We make each bat exactly like their regular game bats except the color.
    Brian Hillerich

We make each bat exactly like their regular game bats except the color.

I always wondered the same thing and I figured they did make them like the regular game bats. At the same time thought it also sounds like a lot of players are weird about their bats and how they feel even though they are the same bat... They might get an order of bats and only like a few of them. So the chances of the pink bats having that right "feel" to the player might not be the best of odds so the player uses it for 1 at bat so it can be auctioned off as game used for a good cause and they go back to what feels right to them.

Quote Originally Posted by BergerKing22784 View Post
    I always wondered the same thing and I figured they did make them like the regular game bats. At the same time thought it also sounds like a lot of players are weird about their bats and how they feel even though they are the same bat... They might get an order of bats and only like a few of them. So the chances of the pink bats having that right "feel" to the player might not be the best of odds so the player uses it for 1 at bat so it can be auctioned off as game used for a good cause and they go back to what feels right to them.
    Official Baseball Bat Regulations
    Source: MLB.com
    (d) No colored bat may be used in a professional game unless approved by the Rules Committee.

Major League Baseball authorizes the use of the specially dyed bats -- temporarily suspending the regulation that restricts players to using black, brown, red or white bats.

An umpire will remove a pink bat if a player tried to use one other then on Mother's day. A few years back, Johnny Estrada tried to use a pink bat the following day that was used on Mother's day since he had 2 hits and 3 rbis with it. The umpire made him remove it.

IMO, players that stop using the pink bat after the first or second at bat, probably blaming the bat for a bad day. Its purely psychological. Revert back to what worked for them. Or someone is collecting them for charity in the dugout and players are being helpful.

Not sure what the reason for the color bat rule on the the bat regulations. Whether its related to pitching distraction or pitcher protection (able to have pitcher recognize the ball off the bat). Anyone know?
    Regards,
    Joel S.
    joelsabi @ gmail.com
    Wanted: Alex Rodriguez Game Used Items and other unique artifacts, 1992 thru 1998 only. From High School to Early Mariners.

Each year it seems like players get more and more creative with bat colors. This year I've seen more red bats and Tyler Colvin has the criticised "smoke" finish bat.

Yep, can't wait! When are these bad boys hitting MLB auctions???????

First batch of the '10 pink bats have hit MLB.com auctions..most start at $300 and up, David Wright biggest name as of now..Jay.