Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

GU Bats.To autograph or not?

Would like to hear peoples thoughts on having their game used bats autographed or not and why.Thanks
    jon

Re: GU Bats.To autograph or not?

That's an outstanding question. I would also like to hear what the experts have to say on this. Some would say an autograph defaces/devalues a bat. Others say it depends on the provenance of the autograph or, for example, if you can get MLB to certify the signature when it is signed, etc. I'm really curious what you guys think. Thanks.

Chris

While for some reason I don't like my game used equipment signed (jersey's, hats, etc.) there is just something about a bat (particularly an ash colored one) that just screams to be autographed.

As a buyer and the same game used bat was for sale signed or unsigned. I'd prefer it unsigned. I just think game used stuff in general is better unsigned. Many times when people do get bats or even jerseys signed the sigs don't even show up that great and can fade off anyways. I guess I prefer it in the original state. If there is a game used item and I can only find it signed or deal is too good to pass, then I'll buy the signed item.

Banned

While it is a good topic, it has been discussed several times here on the forum before. Just so everyone who has already responded doesn't have to repeat themselves, the threads can be viewed here:

1. http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ght=autographs

2. http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ght=autographs

3. http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ght=autographs

4. http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ght=autographs

Those 4 threads were past discussions we had on the same topic. I would recommend checking those out to see everyone else's opinons so that everyone does not have to re-post.

To me it all depends on the players signature and where its placed on the barrel.

Some of these players have terrible signatures, examples: Vlad Guererro, Manny Ramirez, Miguel Tejada and some have nice flowing legible signatures, Like Derek Jeter, Alex Rodriguez, Pedro Martinez.

I just love my bats autographed. As long as it is placed next to the name on the barrel. I don't like when the player signs it on the back. You can't display it. As far as authenticating the bat, if the player signs "gamer", that is a total plus. Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by scottanservitz
    I just love my bats autographed. As long as it is placed next to the name on the barrel. I don't like when the player signs it on the back. You can't display it. As far as authenticating the bat, if the player signs "gamer", that is a total plus. Just my 2 cents.
    I totally agree with you. That paired with a JSA & PSA letter makes a perfect item.

Banned

I agree with ASTROSBATS RESPONSE we have dealt with this topic many times before and I would suggest for the newer members to take a look at the past threads that astrosbats listed.

I'm pretty torn on getting g/u stuff signed. If it doesn't enhance the value and especially if it makes the piece look worse - like Sharpie on flannel - I won't do it. On the other hand, I had no problem getting Jeff Blauser to sign his old Cubs helmet. It's not worth a whole lot either way, and it looks cooler.
    "The knowledge that this guy has in his head, some of you would never be able to comprehend."