Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Re: prices for Jeter game jerseys

Quote Originally Posted by costas View Post
    does Steiner even sell Jeter game issued jerseys, I don't recall ever seeing on for sale on their site?
    They get very few of either (if you notice it is that way with every player from every team they have a deal with) and with Derek's popularity and the fact that they are much cheaper than those he actually wore I doubt they last long. I have seen Steiner BP and spring training jerseys of Jeter also.

From what I was told steiner sold every jeter game worn jersey they had for at least 10,000. None were sold for less and all are sold out.

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    Steiner's website and Ebay stores are still in the 10 grand range. At an auction (not including league auction site auctions where the prices tend to be higher) prices normally tend to be lower, in some cases much lower.
    Not if your consigning to GFC Got an email from them yesterday with a preview of highlighted items from their upcoming April 2010 auction:

4/14/2008 Derek Jeter New York Yankees Game-Used Road Jersey with All Star and Stadium Patches (Yankees-Steiner) (MLB Hologram) Reserve: $9,000

In their last auction in late Nov/Dec also had a home Jeter 2008 (I think) that was min bid at $10k and only 1 person bid to close at $12k (with hammer). And I'm sure the April auction jersey above will sell well too as the 2010 season starts!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by nickacs View Post
    Not if your consigning to GFC Got an email from them yesterday with a preview of highlighted items from their upcoming April 2010 auction:

4/14/2008 Derek Jeter New York Yankees Game-Used Road Jersey with All Star and Stadium Patches (Yankees-Steiner) (MLB Hologram) Reserve: $9,000

In their last auction in late Nov/Dec also had a home Jeter 2008 (I think) that was min bid at $10k and only 1 person bid to close at $12k (with hammer). And I'm sure the April auction jersey above will sell well too as the 2010 season starts!
    Which goes to show it matters who you consign to. Grey Flannel seems to do well in December they sold a Brees jersey that JO consigned for $1,700 more (with hammer) than JO was offering it on their site earlier in Fall 2009. And a Jeter at 12k is more than some of the ones Steiner sells on their site, when they have them in stock. The person who consigned to Vintage Authentics lost half his investment when he could have broke even or made money if he had consigned to a better (for lack of a better word) auction house. Personally I had never heard of Vintage Authentic let alone that they were having an auction if I had I would have bid that jersey up because that guy got a steal.

Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sportscentury View Post
    This one does not have a cOA which ties in with the other post about Steiner GU/GI items coming with a letter of authenticity from steiner in addition to the hologram and of the people on Ebay selling "steiner" GI jerseys without COAS, particularly of major Yankees stars. In my opinion for this reason the jersey is suspect.

This one does not have a cOA which ties in with the other post about Steiner GU/GI items coming with a letter of authenticity from steiner in addition to the hologram and of the people on Ebay selling "steiner" GI jerseys without COAS, particularly of major Yankees stars. In my opinion for this reason the jersey is suspect.
    I didn't post the auction link to make a point. It was just as FYI in case the other fellow was searching for a cheap one.

As to your comment, can't a person just call Steiner with the hologram serial number and find out if it is an authentic Jeter World Series issued game jersey? If so, then there should be no problem. If not, then that is pretty pathetic on Steiner's part. I would imagine that they have some kind of tracking/inventory system at this point, no?

If it is not a Jeter World Series issued game jersey, then what do you think it is? I'm asking this honestly as I haven't followed Steiner products for some time now, and I have no idea what their Yankee product line includes.

And are there a lot of these Steiner Yankee jerseys with holograms but no letters? If so, why?
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

As to your comment, can't a person just call Steiner with the hologram serial number and find out if it is an authentic Jeter World Series issued game jersey? If so, then there should be no problem. If not, then that is pretty pathetic on Steiner's part. I would imagine that they have some kind of tracking/inventory system at this point, no?
    Unfortunately, yes, this is the case and definitely stupid and irresponsible on Steiner's part. I've contacted them twice in the last 4 months about two Yankee star player jerseys that had holograms and wanted to confirm their authenticity and was told simply "We don't keep any records of them".

So, to me, the hologram#'s are basically worthless if they can never be traced back to their origination.

Banned

I didn't post the auction link to make a point. It was just as FYI in case the other fellow was searching for a cheap one.

If it is not a Jeter World Series issued game jersey, then what do you think it is? I'm asking this honestly as I haven't followed Steiner products for some time now, and I have no idea what their Yankee product line includes.

And are there a lot of these Steiner Yankee jerseys with holograms but no letters? If so, why?
    Here is the thread on this. http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ad.php?t=33860. I was not saying you were trying to make a point I just wanted to point out to anyone who saw the link and was considering buying the jersey and who may have missed the other thread that the missing letter was a red flag. Steiner does not sell g/u and g/i items without a letter. For the Yankees the letter is on Yankees-Steiner leaderhead and a hologram corresponding to the one on the item is below Brandon Steiner's printed signature on the letter.

Here is the thread on this. http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...ad.php?t=33860. I was not saying you were trying to make a point I just wanted to point out to anyone who saw the link and was considering buying the jersey and who may have missed the other thread that the missing letter was a red flag. Steiner does not sell g/u and g/i items without a letter. For the Yankees the letter is on Yankees-Steiner leaderhead and a hologram corresponding to the one on the item is below Brandon Steiner's printed signature on the letter.
    Legal: thanks for your note. I went and read the very similar thread in the auctions section. This is a good case in point for combining the auctions and game used sections (there are relatively few auction threads, they get relatively little traffic, and they all discuss game used material/items).

But back to the topic at hand. If this guy is making star player jerseys out of blanks, then my first question is: Why would Steiner issue blanks with serial-numbered holograms? Does anyone think this is nuts besides me? Steiner issues game worn, game issued, and blank jerseys, all with serial-numbered holograms, and then has no tracking system for the serial numbers? That is absolutely crazy. It's even crazier to think that Steiner is re-issuing letters in cases of "lost letters." If this is all true, then you can buy a blank from Steiner, make it into a star jersey, and then have Steiner "re-issue" a letter stating that it is a game worn superster jersey. I must be missing something here - this is simply too nuts to be true.