Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: prices for Jeter game jerseys

I recently purchased a Jeter game issued jersey directly from Steiner Sports and while there was no MLB Authenticated hologram, they did note on the LOA the number/letters found on the tag attached to the top button of the jersey. I'm unsure if this tagging, which is attached to a string and tied around the button, was initially placed by the Yankees or by Steiner Sports.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pungent View Post
    I recently purchased a Jeter game issued jersey directly from Steiner Sports and while there was no MLB Authenticated hologram, they did note on the LOA the number/letters found on the tag attached to the top button of the jersey. I'm unsure if this tagging, which is attached to a string and tied around the button, was initially placed by the Yankees or by Steiner Sports.

There should be a Steiner hologram on the jersey and on the part of the letter that is cut off in the scan.

I'll be honest, when I received the jersey the hologram on the jocktagging was pretty loose so I gently removed it and placed it on the LOA in proximity to the other hologram directly below Brandon Steiner's signature. Both have matching numbers and are "Game Issued' Steiner holograms. I chose not to show this part of the LOA so as to not misrepresent the condition the jersey and LOA were originally received.

I'll be honest, when I received the jersey the hologram on the jocktagging was pretty loose so I gently removed it and placed it on the LOA in proximity to the other hologram directly below Brandon Steiner's signature. Both have matching numbers and are "Game Issued' Steiner holograms. I chose not to show this part of the LOA so as to not misrepresent the condition the jersey and LOA were originally received.
    The story with Steiner stuff gets better with each post. Loose and transferable holograms? So much for "tamper-proof." If I collected this stuff, I would be darn to quick to make sure the stuff photo-matched before I added it to my PC.
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

I don't really fault Steiner in this area with affixing holograms because there aren't really many places on a baseball jersey you could place one without having it eventually fall off (only places I think would work is with the paper tagginges, e.g. 0062 wash tags or year designation flag tags). The problem is probably also true of other items with holograms placed on cloth, all you need to do if flex the surrounding area a couple of times and the hologram will fall off without being broken or appearance of tampering with.

Banned

I don't really fault Steiner in this area with affixing holograms because there aren't really many places on a baseball jersey you could place one without having it eventually fall off (only places I think would work is with the paper tagginges, e.g. 0062 wash tags or year designation flag tags). The problem is probably also true of other items with holograms placed on cloth, all you need to do if flex the surrounding area a couple of times and the hologram will fall off without being broken or appearance of tampering with.
    They should do what Meigray and JO do, they have much better systems.

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    you mean stamp or write on the jersey that it is game issued and not worn?

you mean stamp or write on the jersey that it is game issued and not worn?
    They don't write on the jerseys, but they both custom stitch themselves their numbering system (like Miegray) or like JO, the date of game used/which game.

And guess what, they actually keep their authentication #'s in their own database! Booo Steiner!

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    MeiGray's system is far superior. They back everything up with photomatching and they track each serial-tagged item in their system that they update instantly upon receipt of all items (and often before items have even been received). There really isn't another system in the industry that compares.
    Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by nickacs View Post
    They don't write on the jerseys, but they both custom stitch themselves their numbering system (like Miegray) or like JO, the date of game used/which game.

And guess what, they actually keep their authentication #'s in their own database! Booo Steiner!
    I've seen a couple of MeiGray jerseys with a rectangular stamp stating the jersey was game issued and not worn (though maybe it was the team that did that prior to providing them to MeiGray for authentication). I also see several jerseys on JO that are game issued and have that written on the size/year swatch on the back collar, again that might have been the team that wrote that prior to giving them the sets.

I was already aware of these issues surrounding Steiner's system of tracking their inventory, which is why I decided to purchase the Jeter game issued jersey directly from them even though it was a steep price. In exchange though, at least I have a peace of mind knowing my article is genuine, unlike the unfortunate ones who've squandered their hard earned money on what's being shamefully sold on Ebay.