Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Brian Urlacher AMI ?? ATTN 34swtns

Agreed. I think if CollectGU wants to pursue it any further, he can contact 34swtns directly and go from there. Since the AMI auction is over, to me, I think this thread is over and done with

I remember your black light photomatching the jersey and here it is again on page 2:
    http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_f...light=urlacher

Good luck if/when you ever sell it again!

Thanks for the positive comment, nickacs.
    I believe a combination of factors will lead to a successful sale further down the road. This attempt was riddled with exceptions including the format of the auction being a 1-week, primarily internet-only bidding auction without the benefit of any sort of print catalog and very little in the way of promotion.
    Not to mention the timing, (NFL offseason), and the somewhat dodgy reputation of AMI of late.
    All that being taken into consideration, it still hit $3100.
    I think that with the proper format, timing and promotion the jersey could do quite well at auction and perhaps I'll seriously consider re-listing it (properly) again at some point in the future.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 34swtns View Post
    Thanks for the positive comment, nickacs.
    I believe a combination of factors will lead to a successful sale further down the road. This attempt was riddled with exceptions including the format of the auction being a 1-week, primarily internet-only bidding auction without the benefit of any sort of print catalog and very little in the way of promotion.
    Not to mention the timing, (NFL offseason), and the somewhat dodgy reputation of AMI of late.
    All that being taken into consideration, it still hit $3100.
    I think that with the proper format, timing and promotion the jersey could do quite well at auction and perhaps I'll seriously consider re-listing it (properly) again at some point in the future.
    Try Grey Flannel, I am going to consign some stuff to them myself have heard great things and they get good prices, in some cases above market value. In the December auction they sold a Brees jersey for over $6,500 I bought the same jersey from the buyer the week of the Super Bowl for $4,500 1.5 months later and the Jared Allen jersey sold for $1,400 and the same week the buyer, a different person then the Brees sold it to me for only a grand. And see the thread about the Jeter jerseys where Nick discussed the Jeter jerseys going for so much in their auction.

Legal, I agree too about consigning to GFC. I was talking with another NBA collector just after last Sept GFC NBA HOF auction and he had a pair of someone's NBA sneakers earlier in '09 that he sold to someone that then consigned them in that auction and they went for like $2k more than what the original guy sold them for in the first place! It seems around the time of sports big games (ie Sept for NBA HOF, April/Oct for baseball, June NBA Finals, etc) that it seems those items sell for more than market value.

If I was going to sell any baseball or NBA jerseys, I would pick the auction around those peak sports times and go with either GFC or possibly Lelands. I just think GFC seems to be more "well known", but I could be wrong.