Just some points on the Singletary jersey currently listed on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Circa-1985-Game-...item4a9f408f87

The seller states that it is a "Circa 1985" jersey when in fact the silk/plastic Wilson tags weren't seen on Bears jerseys until 1987.

Also, I'm not sure what the seller means by "the jersey is tagged as a size 48, but would be larger by today's measurments", but it has been my experience with the over 100 Bears jerseys I've owned that if the tag says size 48, it is indeed a size 48. I've personally never seen a mis-tagged Wilson jersey from that era.

Finally, seeing as Singletary wore his sleeves tucked up into shoulder pads long before this jersey was supposed to have been used I would expect to see some sort of markings above the upper-most stripe on each sleeve indicating wear at the point of the fold on each sleeve and no indication is given with regard to any such marks. The McMahon jersey that was sold recently in GUU's auction was only used in a couple of games and demonstrated these fold/wear marks so I would reason that if a QB's jersey would display such markings a middle LB's jersey would certainly show them as well. I would suggest that any potential buyer request more detailed photos of the sleeves to inspect for these markings.

While I can't vouch for or discount the jersey's authenticity with any degree of certainty, I do believe that the concerns that I've raised should be considered and addressed with the seller before any potential negotiations for purchase take place.