Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Thread: Phil's Bat Help

Phil's Bat Help

http://www.huntauctions.com/phone/im...73&lot_num=489

Hunt has a Boone, Hayes and Kruk bat up for auction tonight. Would love to add these to my collection. I need some quick help from any Phililes bat experts out there. Why would Boone write "Rocky" on the knob? Was that typical? Same question for the Kruk bat...why would he write JD? Not his initials. Thanks for the quick work.

David

Re: Phil's Bat Help

Quote Originally Posted by philsfan View Post
    http://www.huntauctions.com/phone/im...73&lot_num=489

Hunt has a Boone, Hayes and Kruk bat up for auction tonight. Would love to add these to my collection. I need some quick help from any Phililes bat experts out there. Why would Boone write "Rocky" on the knob? Was that typical? Same question for the Kruk bat...why would he write JD? Not his initials. Thanks for the quick work.

David
    Either Kruk's bat was used by pitchers Jose DeJesus (1990-91) or Jose DeLeon (1992-93) or the JD on Kruk's bat could stand for Jack Daniels which he might have been a fan of back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewey2007 View Post
    Either Kruk's bat was used by pitchers Jose DeJesus (1990-91) or Jose DeLeon (1992-93) or the JD on Kruk's bat could stand for Jack Daniels which he might have been a fan of back in the day.
    Thanks again Dewey. The Kruk bat is the one I'm really after. Makes me nervous to see JD on one of Kruk's bats. Doesn't make sense. Wouldn't be surprised if someone "borrowed" the bat during the game. Not what I'm looking for. The "Rocky" writing on the Boone bat also isn't a good sign. Thanks again.

David

If the player characteristics match, and it's obvious that the player whose name on the bat was the primary user...(to me) it's not a big deal on common players if there is something else on the knob - to each his own, and I understand where you are coming from.
    Dave
    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
    River City Redbird Authentics
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks again Dewey. The Kruk bat is the one I'm really after. Makes me nervous to see JD on one of Kruk's bats. Doesn't make sense. Wouldn't be surprised if someone "borrowed" the bat during the game. Not what I'm looking for. The "Rocky" writing on the Boone bat also isn't a good sign. Thanks again.

David
    David,

I see the auction ended last night. Did you end up going for the bats?

Dewey

No. I scare easily. I just don't want any questions of authenticity when I buy a bat. Still on the look out for another Kruk bat. Funny, I also noticed that other stuff by a Phillies player with the initals "JD" was up for auction. That really spooked me from the "JD" Kruk bat. The Boone bat did seem to match others I saw, but it was the Kruk bat I was after.

Dewey - any chance you have a Rollin's game used bat you want to unload?

No. I scare easily. I just don't want any questions of authenticity when I buy a bat. Still on the look out for another Kruk bat. Funny, I also noticed that other stuff by a Phillies player with the initals "JD" was up for auction. That really spooked me from the "JD" Kruk bat. The Boone bat did seem to match others I saw, but it was the Kruk bat I was after.

Dewey - any chance you have a Rollin's game used bat you want to unload?
    I don't have a Rollins game used bat that I'm looking to sell at this time. I sold the extra one I had awhile back and I only have two others that I'm planning on holding onto since they're two different models. I'll keep an eye out for one though.