Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Dwayne Wade 07-08 road/black jersey on eBay

Here is the auction in question:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Authentic-Dwyane...item3a58a43dce

I have seen this jersey on eBay a few times and I believe it is the same jersey I was offered a few months ago. The problem is that it does not have the XX (20) patch on the left shoulder. I asked the seller about this and he said that there was no evidence of a patch being removed, either (even if there had been, this also would have been unusual as the Heat do not generally recycle jerseys in that fashion). I checked photos of D-Wade in all of the games on Getty for the 2007-2008 season and it appears that, including the pre-season, he/they wore these patches in every game. The seller told me that he got it from a good source before the end of the 07-08 season, so that rules out the possibility of it being a carry-over that was used in 08-09. What am I missing here? I don't want to jump the gun on this jersey or the seller, but I am perplexed as to how this jersey could have been game worn by D-Wade. Any thoughts?

As an aside, I am always looking to add to my D-Wade PC. Email is below. Thanks.

Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Banned

Re: Dwayne Wade 07-08 road/black jersey on eBay

Reid:

That isn't the first time I've seen a modern NBA jersey that was purported to be game-worn but was missing any evidence of an intact or removed patch that negates the likelihood of actual game use.

I've seen a few 2001-02 gamers over the past year on eBay that had no imprint or presence of the 9-11 patch that was worn by all but 1 team that season (the Raptors wore a similarly themed patch, but with both American and Canadian flags in the design).

Also, from my days at MEARS, I recall a 2004-05 (second year) Lebron James road jersey that was ready to be certified when I pointed out that the memoriam band the Cavs wore in '04-'05 wasn't there and never WAS there.

If I don't see a season-long patch on a jersey it was supposed to be on in ANY sport, nor any evidence of the patch's one-time presence, I'll pass on the piece...even a game-issued jersey, IMO, should have the appropriate patch(es) on it.

Dave M.
    Chicago area