Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Tom Hanks "League of their own" jersey from Hunt

No.

Quote Originally Posted by entitled_nitwits View Post
    Lew Burdette's???

I'm guessing its the Fisk jersey because Mears just posted a article about it. You got a good deal on it, but can you can 100% that its the same jersey. I dont know if the 27 on the back is enough to prove it.

If you go to Sports Investments in Cincinnati, Ohio they have a Tom Hanks "A Leage of their Own" complete jersey as well hanging no their wall. I'll need to look closer the next time that I visit.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
    I'm guessing its the Fisk jersey because Mears just posted a article about it. You got a good deal on it, but can you can 100% that its the same jersey. I dont know if the 27 on the back is enough to prove it.
    That's it, you got it.

I have to say, I just Google'd pictures of Fisk hitting the Game 6 home run, and there are good photo's of t the back of the jersey he's wearing of the moment. It's a fairly compelling argument it is the jersey. Everything looks to match up. Wow. Another thread, I guess.

It doesn't make the jersey real but the Catalog listing says "One of the FIRST 2 jerseys made for Hanks." That means he wore at least 3 and possibly more. Just an FYI in case anyone is looking for one, there may be many available.
    Bieksallent! My Player Collections:

http://sami-salo.webs.com

Quote Originally Posted by entitled_nitwits View Post
    That's it, you got it.

I have to say, I just Google'd pictures of Fisk hitting the Game 6 home run, and there are good photo's of t the back of the jersey he's wearing of the moment. It's a fairly compelling argument it is the jersey. Everything looks to match up. Wow. Another thread, I guess.
    There's no way the Hunt Fisk jersey can be matched to the actual game 6 Fisk jesey. Without pinstripes or some other mark or tear on the jersey, it's just not possible. Dave Grob does make a great argument that the jersey is from the postseason, but he obviously isn't going to say it's THE jersey without some hard evidence.

Whatever the case, the buyer scored bigtime on that auction. I'm guessing most people shied away from it based on the recent McAullife findings. I sold two Fisk jerseys a year ago for $2500 each and they weren't nearly as nice as the Hunt one.
    Mike

Looking for any White Sox jersey from Richie Zisk.

My website - http://www.freewebs.com/karamaxjoe/

"There are only two seasons - winter and Baseball"
    ~ Bill Veeck

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]