Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register

Hybrid View

Stan Musial Baseball Glove?

While at the flea market today, I had a chance to buy a 'Stan Musial' 3 finger baseball glove for $5.00. I told the seller to hold it for me but then he sold it to someone else.

However, the baseball glove looked brand new and I was skeptical that it was a replica. I wasn't sure but on the glove I saw the following words:

"Stan Musial"
    "RAWLINGS
    "Pro League"

And the glove looked kinda small. However, it wasn't dusty at all. It was really cleaned and looked like new. That's why I didn't buy it at first because I wanted to do my research on my iPhone.

Did I let a good opportunity pass by or is this glove most likely a replica? Thoughts anyone? Sorry I can't provide pictures. I didn't bother taking pictures.

Well?

Re: Stan Musial Baseball Glove?

As we all know in the collecting world, knowledge is the key to everything. I don't know much about the glove you are describing, but even replicas would most likely sell for that much. If you just used it as a display piece in your collection it might be nice.

The way you have to look at it is, it is only $5.00. If you expect it to be worth more and you are wrong, you are not out very much. When I am in situations like that I go ahead and buy and give myself a chance at something good. I bought a group of old baseball bats at a local auction a few years ago for $2.50 a bat. I was really only interested in one of the bats that I did'nt know much about. I said for $2.50 a bat it was worth the chance. The bat ended up being a Cincinnati Reds Estell Crabtree game used bat from around 1930 or so. The bat sold on ebay for $405. I was thrilled, but I gave myself a chance to hit it big. Always give yourself a chance if it is a small amount. I hope this helps! Happy collecting!

Agree, you wouldn't be taking much of a risk at $5. A modern replica might be worth more than $5.

Banned

Is this what the hobby has come to? Guys questioning whether they made a "mistake" over a $5.00 item? If so, we're not in a recession. It's hit a full blown depression.

Are you serious when you even contemplate the chance of the glove being real?

You can't even get a quarter pounder small combo at McDonalds for $5.00 today. Do we need to really discuss this further?

Quote Originally Posted by entitled_nitwits View Post
    Is this what the hobby has come to? Guys questioning whether they made a "mistake" over a $5.00 item? If so, we're not in a recession. It's hit a full blown depression.

Are you serious when you even contemplate the chance of the glove being real?

You can't even get a quarter pounder small combo at McDonalds for $5.00 today. Do we need to really discuss this further?
    I agree with you completely...although I'm not surprised.

Did you ask the seller why he didn't hold it like he said?
    Collecting Cardinals jerseys and bats, with a focus on Yadier Molina, Matt Holliday, and Adam Wainwright.

Tyler
    flotaboys@hotmail.com