Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Eric Chavez's New Bat Company - Diego Bats

Interesting story I just ran across in the SF Chronicle:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...SPDP1CFGVU.DTL

Re: Eric Chavez's New Bat Company - Diego Bats

That is pretty cool. He has nothing better to do, because he is always hurt

I think it's pretty cool. I've always liked when new, small company MLB approved bats hit the game used market. There's always the thrill of the chase find a GOOD game used one or one used from a prominent player. I recently picked up an Adrian Gonzalez Trinity and would like to get a nice g/u B45. That the new company has a MLB player/owner and investers makes it more interesting to me as well.

Does anyone know if Omar Vizquel still owns Route 66 Klubs?

P.S. No disrespect Brian, LVS will always be the gold standard!

No problem, I saw two of their sales reps visiting the Diamondbacks. From what I understand they bought all the old Diablo equipment.
    New companies are interesting, I always wonder why on earth anyone would want to make professional bats after seeing what I have seen. Case in point, I've been told Marucci is having trouble at the moment. I don't know what type but they have solicited players for buy ins and are late on delivery to teams. Some teams have been waiting since last year for orders. I believe I have even seen Pujols swinging a Max bat instead of a Marucci.
    Brian Hillerich

Marucci just redid their retail website too. I was going to order another custom bat from them but after what Brian reported I may hold off. I mean if the pro player can't get their orders filled...
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

I would take what I say with a grain of salt, I am the competition you know . I would not hold back from ordering either. Hell, give them a call and see if there is a problem. Like I said, I have no first hand knowledge if there is indeed a problem. Just what I've been told in clubhouses. Maybe they had a late start because of the new rules...who knows.
    Brian Hillerich

I believe I have even seen Pujols swinging a Max bat instead of a Marucci.
    Brian... you need to get Albert using a LS again
    Bert
    ---------------

Always looking for Matt Wieters, Tettleton, and that Orioles magic

shoremen44@gmail.com

He had been having some issues with us and the final straw was some warped bats he rolled across the floor in the clubhouse. That was a few years back and he hasn't swung us since. We have made our product better since then but the damage is done. I would bet every other company would have to go out of business before...no wait, he would probably start his own before using us again

I don't even look in his direction when I'm in the clubhouse with him. I know our other sales reps want to get him but making him sample bats is a waste of wood.
    Brian Hillerich

[quote=BMH;193074]He had been having some issues with us and the final straw was some warped bats he rolled across the floor in the clubhouse. quote]

Did he roll them in front of you? That has to be a nightmare...

I have been in some strange sales situations, but that one would be one where I would want to crawl into a hole. I wonder how many of his homers/hits have been made with LS...I bet Jeff knows.
    Dave
    Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
    River City Redbird Authentics
    http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Not me, our head sales rep Chuck...in front of the whole clubhouse and giving him hell about it. We were having drying issues with our Maple and we paid dearly for it. I believe that happened before I took over the Pro department...can't remember exact dates. Jeff would be able to tell us
    Brian Hillerich