Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: McGwire Spring Training GU Auto Success!!

Dude! That looks like a wedding photo!

I saw you got McGwire again today, thats awesome. Where did you get him today? Was it before the game or after when they walk off the field?
    Collecting Cardinals jerseys and bats, with a focus on Yadier Molina, Matt Holliday, and Adam Wainwright.

Tyler
    flotaboys@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by flota89 View Post
    I saw you got McGwire again today, thats awesome. Where did you get him today? Was it before the game or after when they walk off the field?

i got him coming onto the field. I didnt stay for the entire game. But im staying for the entire games on th, fri, and sat.

Great story. Thanks for sharing!

I remember the days back in 1998 to 2001 that Mark had his signing system of walking about 30 feet beyond the end of the dugout on the 1st base side and would sign for some and skip others and work his way down the line until he reached the dugout.

The people pushing and wedging against the rail looked like an overfilled subway train.

panthrotc, what you did is the way to go. You got perfect autographs and one-on-one.

I am thinking of going to the team hotel when the Cardinals play in Washington the last weekend in August or even better is if I can get field passes for that weekend and have him sign on the field.
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Here is part of my baseball collection of Mac baseballs.

Name:  mcgwire_4_ball_set.JPG
Views: 279
Size:  36.3 KB
    Regards,
    Andrew Lang
    AllstarsPlus@aol.com
    202-716-8500

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    Here is part of my baseball collection of Mac baseballs.

Attachment 36376
    Very sweet. I'm still a fan and still a collector of his stuff and appreciate things like this... You have an amazing collection.
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    Great story. Thanks for sharing!

I remember the days back in 1998 to 2001 that Mark had his signing system of walking about 30 feet beyond the end of the dugout on the 1st base side and would sign for some and skip others and work his way down the line until he reached the dugout.

The people pushing and wedging against the rail looked like an overfilled subway train.

panthrotc, what you did is the way to go. You got perfect autographs and one-on-one.

I am thinking of going to the team hotel when the Cardinals play in Washington the last weekend in August or even better is if I can get field passes for that weekend and have him sign on the field.
    Mac-roid had a routine in Chicago like the one in Washington, except that he started right by the 1B dugout, woked his way towards home plate, only signed for those in the very front, and stopped once he reached the home plate screen. Whatever signing implement (pen or Sharpie) the first fan offered to him was used for the entire session. The "front row" routine meant that every dealer in town would show up and race down to the dugout once the gates opened in order to procure a coveted front row spot, and, if you didn't get there within 5 minutes or so of the gate opening, you were pretty much screwed. Once, a teenage girl who was a big Mac fan and had a cast on her leg couldn't get any closer than the third row. Not only did no one let her in the front, but she was knocked down by numbers of fans/collector/dealers who pushed past her in the hopes of crashing the front row.

Since that area is now off-limits to fans during BP, I look for crowds outside the visitos gate at the RF corner to be huge and somewhat out-of-control. The Cubs would do themselves, and their fans a favor, to require fans to show a day-of-game ticket in order to stay in such areas, and boot the dealers and freeloaders out if they couldn't comply.

Dave M.
    Chicago area