Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

McGwire Spring Training GU Auto Success!!

got to florida yesterday to graph mcgwire for 6 games. Went to the nats game in viera and left after i found out he didnt make the trip. Drove to Jupiter and got lucky as he left the parking lot i was able to flash an 8x10 of him and myself, he pulls over and points to me. I walk over , hand him the 98' gamer and the pic and end up with these babies.....

1998 GAME USED BAT- FULL SIGNATURE

8x10 of Me and Mac

Re: McGwire Spring Training GU Auto Success!!

That is awesome! I just read about you getting this bat signed in another thread. Congratulations! I'm going to spring training soon. Any advice on getting autographs? Ive got tons of cards ready.
    Collecting Cardinals jerseys and bats, with a focus on Yadier Molina, Matt Holliday, and Adam Wainwright.

Tyler
    flotaboys@hotmail.com

the 98 now can join my others....i think they look rather good altogether

1990,1996,1998!!.2000 in decending order

Oh and also, what did McGwire say when he saw the bat?
    Collecting Cardinals jerseys and bats, with a focus on Yadier Molina, Matt Holliday, and Adam Wainwright.

Tyler
    flotaboys@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by flota89 View Post
    That is awesome! I just read about you getting this bat signed in another thread. Congratulations! I'm going to spring training soon. Any advice on getting autographs? Ive got tons of cards ready.

be persistant. try the practice fields before the games. if games start at 1, get to the practice fields by 9am. Don't give up easily. And good lucK!

Quote Originally Posted by panthrotc View Post
    be persistant. try the practice fields before the games. if games start at 1, get to the practice fields by 9am. Don't give up easily. And good lucK!
    Thanks! I have never been before, are people allowed to go to the practice fields? Where is the player parking lot at?

Tyler
    flotaboys@hotmail.com

Oh and also, what did McGwire say when he saw the bat?

he didn't say anything. when i handed it to him i said i had his back all these years and hes been my hero since i was 7, and he said thanks for all the support, he reached out to shake my hand, after i shook his hand, i handed him the 8x10. Just a overall awsome experience!

Thanks! I have never been before, are people allowed to go to the practice fields? Where is the player parking lot at?

the practice fields at most camps are free to go. wherever you go, scope out the facility. I hadnt been to Roder Dean Stadium (cardinal camp) since 1998, so i had to find my surroundings quickly. The practice fields are all access.

he didn't say anything. when i handed it to him i said i had his back all these years and hes been my hero since i was 7, and he said thanks for all the support, he reached out to shake my hand, after i shook his hand, i handed him the 8x10. Just a overall awsome experience!
    Wow, thats awesome! He seems to be pretty laid back lately. My brother got his autograph at Winter Warm Up, I'm gonna try hard for one at Spring Training.

Tyler
    flotaboys@hotmail.com

the 98 now can join my others....i think they look rather good altogether

1990,1996,1998!!.2000 in decending order

Received word in a conversation with Andy Benish that he is about to place a uncracked 93 signed bat on his site if you can use that!
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com