Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
    Banned

Dallas Mavericks Game Used Jersey? MeiGray jersey

I just obtained a Dallas Mavericks jersey from a member from GUU today.
    But I had a couple of questions about it.
    Do all the jerseys that MeiGray sell have a MeiGray tag on it?
    The jersey has a year tag inside from 2002-2003 but he gave me a C.O.A
    from 2003-2004. Is that common?
    Here are some pics
    Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Banned

Re: Dallas Mavericks Game Used Jersey? MeiGray jersey

The year on the tag does not always match the year the jersey was worn. It is not uncommon for it not to.

Banned

As for the Meigray tag, these days they do I don't know about that far back. Barry the owner is a member so he might see your post and chime in if not I would just give them (Meigray) a call. Another good person to talk to would be Sports Century he is very knowledgable about basketball stuff and I know he collects alot of Mei Gray stuff so maybe he could help you.

In the first year of MeiGray's contract with the Mavs, there were no MeiGray exclusive tags on the jerseys. I believe this was 2003-2004. From 2004-05 forward, they should all have MeiGray serial-numbered exclusive tags.

As for the discrepancy in year tagging, the Mavericks quite commonly use carry-overs from the previous year. I have purchased both Kidd and Dirk jerseys directly from MeiGray over the years which have been carry-overs -- that is, Set 1s with year tagging from the previous year.

If I were in your position, I would not be overly concerned. However, I am a stickler, so I would probably wonder about the jersey a bit because of the issues you raised (year tag from previous year; no MeiGray tag). The easy way to resolve your concern is to submit the jersey to MeiGray for photomatching. For jerseys that originated from MeiGray, I believe the cost is relatively low, but you can talk with Barry to learn the details. Real Mavs jerseys that are acquired by MeiGray through their team contract are generally heavily worn and easily photomatched to many games. I have purchased many of these from MeiGray over the years and they were all easily photomatched.

I hope this helps.

Always looking for top NBA game worn items of superstar and Hall-of-Fame-caliber players (especially Kobe, LeBron, MJ, Curry and Durant). Also looking for game worn items of all players from special events (e.g., All Star Game, NBA Finals, milestone games, etc.). Please contact me at gameusedequip2@hotmail.com. Thank you.

Banned

Thanks guys
    Im hoping Barry gets a chance to see my post.
    Thanks

Just saw your post, Platinum1.

And Sports Century is absolutely correct about the fact that 2003-04 jerseys did not have tags in them ... as this was our first year working with them.

We began pre-tagging in 2004-05.

And I can confirm that 118942 is registered as a white 2003-04 Edwardo Najera jersey, and the comments in our database state that the jersey was tagged 2002-03.

Yes, it is common (even today) for teams to use garments tagged from previous seasons. They do this when they have blank stock remaining, so they do not go to waste.

Hope this helps,

Barry

Oops. Mispelled Eduardo. Sorry. Wish we had an edit feature ...

Oops. Misspelled misspelled.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BarryMeisel View Post
    Just saw your post, Platinum1.

And Sports Century is absolutely correct about the fact that 2003-04 jerseys did not have tags in them ... as this was our first year working with them.

We began pre-tagging in 2004-05.

And I can confirm that 118942 is registered as a white 2003-04 Edwardo Najera jersey, and the comments in our database state that the jersey was tagged 2002-03.

Yes, it is common (even today) for teams to use garments tagged from previous seasons. They do this when they have blank stock remaining, so they do not go to waste.

Hope this helps,

Barry
    Thank you Barry for your help

You're welcome.