Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Manager Ron Washington Failed Drug Test for Cocaine

Now it's been reported that RW took amphetamines in his playing days. Wasn't banned then, but if it proved to be "performance-enhancing", record-keeping just became one grain less indelible.

I don't think any of this is real important. The reporter who broke the story said yesterday that if the information (about the coke use) could be confirmed, he was going to run with it, and that it was his obligation. I am sure he profited from RW's misery.

I had a serious dependence on tobacco for 25+ years. In the eyes of a Mormon I was probably sinning, but I don't think it diminished my value to my employers or subordinates. RW just got caught and it should be over now.

Quote Originally Posted by eisenreich8 View Post
    Now it's been reported that RW took amphetamines in his playing days. Wasn't banned then, but if it proved to be "performance-enhancing", record-keeping just became one grain less indelible.

I don't think any of this is real important. The reporter who broke the story said yesterday that if the information (about the coke use) could be confirmed, he was going to run with it, and that it was his obligation. I am sure he profited from RW's misery.
    I've always considred amphetamines more of a "performance enabling" drug as opposed to "performance enhancing" one.

Quote Originally Posted by ironmanfan View Post
    I've always considred amphetamines more of a "performance enabling" drug as opposed to "performance enhancing" one.

Very valid point!