Basically, I've been watching some of the game/event used items on eBay being sold by the official Vancouver username and have been really surprised by how high some have gone. Some (most) seem completely insane to me, which is why I want your opinion.

Do you think they're crazy prices too, or is it just me? Do you think that these items will ever hold their value or is it just a hype factor that's driving the prices up this high right now?

Some examples:
Team Canada autographed souvenir stick. NOT game used -- $7k+

Game Used USA vs Canada Gold Medal game hockey puck -- $5,900+
**Many other game used pucks from that game ranging from $3,600 - $5,500

Tons of autographed REPLICA Canada hockey jerseys of various players for well over $1k

8x10 auto of Canadian Gold Medal mogul skier -- $700
** Many other auto'd 8x10s of various athletes for $300+++

REPLICA panel from skiing mogul competition - $200+
** There are several of these replica panels that have sold and some still listed

Game Used USA vs Canada Gold Medal game hockey puck (OT used) -- $8,500 +++ -- bidding still going
** This is NOT the puck used to score the winning goal, it says it in the auction description.

So, anyway, just a few examples....

I'm wondering because I'm thinking of trying to pick up an Olympic competition used item, but I'm afraid that it will quickly get out of my range where I can justify the expense. (I have a specific item in mind, but won't mention it to try to keep exposure down. haha)

-Brian