Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Twins Ink Mauer

Banned

Re: Twins Ink Mauer

Quote Originally Posted by allstarsplus View Post
    Very true on his biography but still would have thought that he would end up at around $18 million a year.

Based on Joe's 2009 at-bats and projecting his new salary, Joe will make just under $44,000 per at bat and $142,000 per game!
    yeah that it insane but when compared with what lesser players earn it looks great. the following players earned between 18 and 19 million last year: barry zito, carlos zambrano, torri hunter, carlos lee and magglio ordonez. the following players earned between 15 and 18 million: jason schmidt, tim hudson, aramis ramirez, a.j. burnett, derek lowe and soriano. miguel tejada made just less than 15 million. the previous year 15 million plus was earned by rafeal furcal, richie sexson, mike hampton, bobby abreau, jason giambi (he made 23 million!) in addition to most of the players who made at least 15 million in 2009. yes the country is in a recession but baseball's revenues are up from when most of those contracts were signed. i think it is a smart deal for both sides. the twins need joe because they have a new stadium to sell and after having lost hunter and santana they risk a fan revolt if they lose joe as well and without him the team would rival the royals. for joe he gets his money and the team is in a soft division that it won last year and it has the chance to compete every year and he looks great for staying with the small market team.

Why does everyone think that.When there is a big free agent.Why does everyone think the yankees would want them.They have won a ring without albert and the wonderboy.So why would they want or need them.They are perfectly fine without these so-called big time players.Man i get tired of hearing that garbage!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by skyking26 View Post
    Cards better go to the bank and make arrangements to sign Albert to similar bucks; or when his time comes off he goes - to the Yankees.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by jobathenut View Post
    Why does everyone think that.When there is a big free agent.Why does everyone think the yankees would want them.They have won a ring without albert and the wonderboy.So why would they want or need them.They are perfectly fine without these so-called big time players.Man i get tired of hearing that garbage!!!
    Where would pujols play on the yanks anyway? tex has first locked down for the forseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    Where would pujols play on the yanks anyway? tex has first locked down for the forseeable future.
    Only other place is DH

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Manram View Post
    Only other place is DH
    yeah just cant see albert doing that plus the yanks need that spot for posada, arod, jeter etc to get 1/2 the game off every once in awhile. the other issue is in the batting order. would tex or arod move from the 3-4 spot to accomodate albert? would albert hit fifth? just cant see it.

Quote Originally Posted by jobathenut View Post
    Tell us how ya feel Joba... Don't hold back... Sorry you are tired of my opinion you view as "crap." I'm entitled to it, as are you...
    ROBERT KOPPEL
    Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
    and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle92481 View Post
    yeah just cant see albert doing that plus the yanks need that spot for posada, arod, jeter etc to get 1/2 the game off every once in awhile. the other issue is in the batting order. would tex or arod move from the 3-4 spot to accomodate albert? would albert hit fifth? just cant see it.
    Yeah i totally agree. He just doesn't fit

The Yankees are notorious for locking up "Big" free agents as well as the Red Sox. It was said that if Mauer was not to be locked up with the Twins that the Yankees and Red Sox would probably go into a bidding war for him. So yeah, sorry Yankees makes a lot of sense. Besides, only three teams could really afford Mauer if he were to elect free agency (Yankees, Red Sox, Mets). It obviously the Yankees that everyone picks because they are the best, have the history, and who would want to play for the Mets. I'm saying that being a Mets fan.

This Signing is Great for The Twins And There Fans.

Banned

Glad to see Mauer staying put in Minneapolis. The Yankees and Red Sox can't buy EVERYBODY!

Dave M.
    Chicago area